• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Doc wants me to do treadmill stress test

Scott, i took regular stress test in 2005. I had mild case of ME/CFS for many years before stress test. After stress test i had permanent severe disease progression. The test caused permanent heart damage, and systemic mitochondrial damage. Dr. Cheney warns not to do any cardio exercise...
  2. J

New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions

I feel like a stranger in a strange land with all of this exercise testing. I had a mild case of ME/CFS for 10+ years prior to taking a cardiac stress test 9 years ago, which caused very severe disease progression and heart damage. I am now in Stage 2 diastolic heart dysfunction with Stage 4...
  3. J

Science to Patients: Talking ME, Exercise and the Mitochondria - with Dr Charles Shepherd

Dear Dr. Shepherd, I have not had a chance to watch your video (I can't access from this computer) or read anything you've written on exercise and ME/CFS. However, I wanted to comment from my experience and hope to hear your response. I feel like a stranger in a strange land with all of...
  4. J

CDC Multi-site Study - An interview with Beth Unger

I feel like a stranger in a strange land with all of this talk about the CPET test. I took a cardiac stress test 9 years ago which cause very severe disease progression and heart damage. I am now in diastolic heart failure as a result of this stress test. I also lost my ability to talk...