• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Burning and pain after activity

Hi - thanks for all the responses She does have gastritis - generally under control but much much worse after the relapse. She has tried most therapies over the years. Takes as much vit c as possible but the gastritis is stopping that (2-3g/day only possible). Before the relapse she was much...
  2. B

She found promethazine mildly sedating, but not much more. Was taking it with codeine to avoid any vomiting but tried without and didn't vomit so decided to stop taking it. The codeine does help with the burning pain (but if it's too bad then it won't take it off completely). The undenatured...
  3. B

Ah - are you saying that this could be some allergic reaction? She had recently been taking promethazine with painkillers but had stopped that a while ago. Can't remember if the pain was there when she was taking this, but I guess it works in a different way to benedryl.
  4. B

She has post-exertional malaise, chronic colds, a persistent resiratory infection that she caught last year (only controllable with undenatured whey - nothing else works), insomnia, FM pain, gut dysbiosis, chronic sinusitis, frequent bladder and nasal infections. It's the chronic viral...
  5. B

Hi Posting on behalf of my wife who has had ME for 15 years, last 12 years severely affected. She has always been housebound with intermittent periods of being bedbound, and recently (4 months ago) had a 'crash' which has seemingly left her at a much reduced level. She was in bed all the time...