• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Steven Blake

Another hypnotist claims he can cure ME??? (Steven Blake)

Why is it very unlikely that I understand how ME/CFS/FMS starts and develops? I have spent over 18 months (at my own expense) studying and testing my theory. I have gone to considerable expense and became close to losing my home because of this. I have also helped all the people who came to...
  2. Steven Blake

I have a great empathy with ME/CFS sufferers. I have now helped 8 out of 8 people vastly increase their quality of life. Not enough for a scientific result but let me explain, as I do get so much stick trying to help and so much online abuse , despite losing so much money trying to help you...
  3. Steven Blake

Thanks for that. To carry out rigorous trials you have to have sufficient numbers of people. I'm in catch 22. I have spent a lot of time and money I didn't have getting this far - hence my frustration.
  4. Steven Blake

I can do nothing right on here. My point is I investigated a theory treated 4 people who were diagnosed with it and they all recovered. I expected a bit of support and encouragement on here - yes that does make me naive. Thanks for the debate, I'll leave now perhaps it was just a fantastic...
  5. Steven Blake

Treatment relies on rapport and trust between us. I also need to get the person past the sceptical stage, so if I cannot explain it well enough that they understand how it works - then it won't! It tends to be that people will not get better if the can't believe they can - so it's my job to...
  6. Steven Blake

Sorry can you rephrase the question as I'm not quite sure what you are asking.
  7. Steven Blake

Neurological and "it's all in your head" are different concepts

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate your time in looking at my work.
  8. Steven Blake

I do work that is all about the whole person. Our neurology has an overall controller, the unconscious. In the main it gets everything right and is great at helping us survive. Sometimes it gets it wrong and over reacts. So for instance with Hayfever 8 out of ten people don't get it so it...
  9. Steven Blake

Thanks, I do have the deepest respect for people suffering from this and this is why I do what I do. I know I cannot help everyone and I have alleviated people from many years of suffering so far so will obviously go on doing that. It really doesn't matter whether the ones I helped had ME CFS...
  10. Steven Blake

Sorry replying to too many people at once. What I meant to say was that no other things being wrong were mentioned. I have many people visit when they have had all the tests any nothing has been found (not talking ME here). They look devastated but to me that is great news.
  11. Steven Blake

Sorry I didn't respond to the guarantee, this was someone posting out of context my other services. I always try and guarantee my work so that the client has piece of mind and knows the cost up front. It also ensures that I get feedback if they are not fully happy with the results and that...
  12. Steven Blake

A very good point Maddie. my clients so far had it for several years so I suppose the "trigger" illness damage had had time to recover. I need to think about that, thanks for raising it.
  13. Steven Blake

The way the neurology works is not restricted to just Chronic Fatigue and Pain I feel that it is an integral part of all illnesses. For instance I have just helped someone recover from a life of "living on her nerves" who for many years has had serious stomach problems. She has had every test...
  14. Steven Blake

It is my belief that the symptoms and biology related to having the illness are that a specific or several parts of the body no longer work they should and that the immune system overloads, causing traces of things to appear ether through lack of production or overproduction. When the body is...
  15. Steven Blake

Sorry I do need to add that when I talk about the unconscious I don't mean unconscious thoughts in the way you might think. I'm referring to the part of the unconscious that controls your blood circulation, your temperature, your cell renewal, the stomach, etc. Functions we have no control...
  16. Steven Blake

Hi Kina, thanks for the question. It is my speculation that the only way to stop a person who is driving themselves too hard is for the unconscious to take over and ensure they stop. In ME CFS it is mainly with severe fatigue and with Fibromyalgia it is mainly pain. But it does whatever it...
  17. Steven Blake

Thank you for the opportunity. This is physical illness not consciously brought on, nor can the person think their way out of it. I believe that the unconscious neurological reaction to being under severe load (usually starts with trauma, stress or virus) is that it shuts down or slows down the...
  18. Steven Blake

Where ever possible I guarantee my work, this puts the onus on me to get it right and the absolute surety that the client will keep returning for their FREE sessions if it doesn't (and therefore a valuable learning process). I cannot find where I wrote that as applying to ME but it is my...
  19. Steven Blake

I had not heard of Pubmed so thanks for mentioning it I will look into it. I'm in a catch 22 position at the moment, I've helped all 4 of the 4 that I have worked with so far. This is too few to be conclusive but far better than coincidence. I realised early on that even if someone fully...
  20. Steven Blake

I am the Steven Blake who wrote the blog. I am neither a scam artist or naive, nor am I taking advantage of anyone. I'm happy to discuss my theory and results so far. Initially I was unable to respond here but opened up a thread and that seems to have allowed me on to reply here, so I apologise...
  21. Steven Blake

I featured recently in one of the posts and am volunteering to answer your questions regarding a theory I have regarding Chronic Fatigue and Pain related illnesses. Unfortunately a lot of criticism came from people commenting on what they were told i said rather than what I actually said. Whilst...