• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Rethinking Probiotics.

This is interesting about probiotics, because I've been looking at natural gut bacteria and their production of biogenic amines as a possible cause of ME/CFS. The body's own enzyme defences against biogenic amines need to be reduced or poisoned in some way for this theory to work. The use of...
  2. D

Does this new theory explain your ME symptoms?

New website address: mepoisontheory.wordpress.com
  3. D

Fresh Air and Camping Holidays

New website address: mepoisontheory.wordpress.com
  4. D

Does this new theory explain your ME symptoms?

Poisoning and Biogenic Amines - the cause of ME / CFS? As someone with ME, I have been researching whether poisoning - possibly by indoor air pollution - could be the cause of ME. Symptoms arise as the body can no longer breakdown neurotransmitter-like substances called biogenic amines. The...
  5. D

Thank you for all your replies, comments and suggestions. The detail you have given is greatly appreciated and gives me much to think about.
  6. D

As someone with ME (for over 20 years), I have found two-week camping holidays almost always (4 times out of 5) lead to remission from a constant relapse state, allowing significant gradual increase in activity levels over several weeks. Have you found camping helpful - or not? I am collecting...