• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. H

Gaps diet put me in direction to recovery

I believe the enteroviruses messed up / worsened my gut dysbiosis or worsened gut permiability further. I still blame damaged gut to be the cause of cfs/me. Virus was just a facilitator of worsening.
  2. H

There is no known connection between taking antibiotics and the triggering of ME/CFS. ME/CFS usually appears after a viral infection (eg, a gastrointestinal upset or flu-like illness); more rarely it appears after vaccination, and very rarely it appears after major surgery; but there is nothing...
  3. H

Gapsdiet website has all snacks/ foods info, more in their book too. I don't snack much. I just stick to their diet plan most of the time. I remind myself about consequences- that's crash and being in bed. I know it's hard. But this diet is heal and seal , we can advance diet as we improve to...
  4. H

I also lost weight from over 1 st couple of years, then started gaining with more muscle mass.
  5. H

No. Since current diet treatment is working for me why waste money? And it's not going to change my treatment any further.
  6. H

My symptoms included severe postexertional malaise, sore throats,brain fogs symptoms , gut symptoms worsening over 2 years after Levaquin, Worsening after augmentin antibiotic and many more symptoms of CFS is why I was diagnosed with cfs/ me/FMS and also direct Levaquin side effects.
  7. H

I got generalized tendinopathy with achilles rupture also in 2010 from Levaquin. These from direct side effects of Levaquin, not from gut dysbiosis. These symptoms improved very slowly in my case. My walking and driving distances improved over last 7 years, suddenly last year after 2 courses of...
  8. H

I believe Levaquin as antibiotic (I had to take another antibiotic augmentin for teeth infection in may 2011which worsened my cfs further)killed my good gut microbes/flora, enabling candida/ other bad microflora to multiply- these can shoot poisons/ toxins, which can enter blood through damaged...
  9. H

I developed CFS/ ME after 4 weeks of Levaquin treatment in June 2010 at 37 years, with 2 and 6 years old kids. My CFS/ME worsened and by June 2011, I was forced to quit my part time job and became house bound. December 2011, I developed heart muscle pains that worsened to severe ME (CFS/ME)...
  10. H

I developed CFS/ ME after 4 weeks of Levaquin treatment in June 2010 at 37 years, with 2 and 6 years old kids. My CFS/ME worsened and by June 2011, I was forced to quit my part time job and became house bound. December 2011, I developed heart muscle pains that worsened to severe ME (CFS/ME)...