• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Midodrine, fludrocortison and blood pressure question.

I had a similar reaction to Midodrine, but worse than just feelin dazed. I felt like I couldn't move or think properly, like blanked out. I also started to experience chest pain. I figured that because it lowers heart rate as well as being a vascontrictor, it wasn't good for me. I actually feel...
  2. M

Ron Davis at San Francisco rally: very close to a biomarker, looks like a mitochondrial problem

Has anyone anything to say about this study by Behan, from 1991? 'We have examined the muscle biopsies of 50 patients who had postviral fatigue syndrome (PFS) for from 1 to 17 years. We found mild to severe atrophy of type II fibres in 39 biopsies, with a mild to moderate excess of lipid. On...
  3. M

Antibodies to ß adrenergic and muscarinic cholinergic receptors in patients with CFS

Drawing your attention to the original Ramsay definition of ME; the first ME diagnostic criteria. Under Autonomic System, one of the objective, measurable signs (not just a symptom, like most of the CFS diagnostic criteria), is orthostatic tachycardia. Also, circulatory symptoms. Ramsay was...
  4. M

Invest in ME/Prof Jonathan Edwards statement on UK Rituximab trial, 30 July

No, I haven't seen that video. Is it on youtube?
  5. M

Invest in ME/Prof Jonathan Edwards statement on UK Rituximab trial, 30 July

Has anyone heard of anyone with ME and RA responding to Rituximab? I know it's not a first line treatment option and this would be purely anecdotal but I was interested in reading about people's experience of Ampligen aside from the clinical data.