• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

Article: Light on ME/CFS II: The Dorsal Ganglia - Ground Zero for ME?

Dr Montoya seemed to be having success with anti-herpes drugs - could this be tied to these theories of herpes in the dorsal???
  2. D

Article: Allies in the Fight: Gulf War Illness/ME/CFS Research Possibilities Emerge

have to say, I know Klimas means well and has been a great CFS supporter, but I have been underwhelmed by the (lack of) delivery in her research. She seems to have been talking up immune dysfunction for years and years without really nailing anything truly compelling hope I am proven wrong...
  3. D

Article: Allies in the Fight: Gulf War Illness/ME/CFS Research Possibilities Emerge

I found this recent study fascinating, stating that astrocyte dysfunction disturbs circadian rhythms and sleep...sound familiar anyone?? http://www.topnews.in/healthcare/content/22249glial-brain-cells-regulate-circadian-rhythms-identified
  4. D

Yeah I am absolutely convinced the problem lies in the brain. My money is on an initial insult (viral, bacterial, toxin etc) which triggers permanent damage somewhere in the brain, in genetically susceptible individuals (ie. US!) After more than 20 years I've given up faith in one viral cause...
  5. D

Baraniuk study Cort When will the Baraniuk study be out? I thought it was due April / May? Lot of promise in these brain studies I think. The one from South Australia was good, kind of supporting Andrew Lloyd's theory that an initial insult (virus. toxins etc) leads to a brain issue. Its not...
  6. D

A brain MRI Study of CFS: Evidence of brainstem dysfunction & altered homeostasis

all these brain / spinal studies are coming together We also had Schutzer et al the other day, and Baranuik is coming forget about retroviruses, I think its the brain / CNS where the answers will be found, and I think some of these guys are close I'm optimistic
  7. D

CD26, CFS and food allergies

I have read with interest Klimas et al's work on CD26 and CFS. The thought is that this marker is very low in CFS. I have done some research, CD26 is also known as Dipeptidyl peptidase-4 (DPP4). I found it very interesting to learn that DPP4 has found growing use in Digestive Enzyme...