• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

dental work and injections

Forgot to say the tooth is not dark it is a normal colour. I asked if it was infected and she said no. I was worried about that due to the CFS as years ago I had an abscess under a tooth and it made me quite sick. She never said the tooth was dead only that due to the chip I needed a crown.
  2. T

Then I'm in trouble because I have never had problems with hot/cold sensitivity for any of my teeth. I can't see that it would mean that all my teeth are dead so I'm sorry but I think that you are wrong with regards to that. I'm sure in 43 years if all my teeth are dead that a dentist would...
  3. T

No I've had no pain or discomfort. hot or cold doesn't bother it at all. I had ice cream and ate it on the side the tooth is chipped and its fine. Is that good or bad?
  4. T

Unfortunately they are the best and cheaper than the rest by quite a lot but still do good work and aren't shoddy if you know what I mean. I've had too many friends have horror jobs done. Also a friend charged double what I paid for a check up and filling. My MD actually advised me to get a...
  5. T

It's funny you say that because I really thought they didn't do mercury fillings anymore. Luckily my doctor has put me right and told me to insist I have the mercury free fillings. She said they don't usually do them unless you request for some reason. Also something else I didn't know is that...
  6. T

Well I just got back from the doctor and it has been interesting. She looked at my tooth and can't work out why I need a crown. I have a temporary filling but she said she has patients that have had that in place and it has lasted them years and they haven't had to have a crown. To be honest I...
  7. T

Thank you for all the replies really appreciate it. I don't need root canal. But the tooth is in my smile line and because of the way it broke they feel a crown is the best thing to do as it will save the tooth and make it stronger. Luckily for me I didn't need root canal. They just evened up...
  8. T

Hi, I wasn't sure where to post this but I'm hoping someone may have been through this and can help. I had a tooth break and I went to the dentist on Monday. Before I had even sat in the chair she asked what was wrong so I showed her. She sat me in the chair her assistant put the bib on and...