• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

What's your CD4/CD8 ratio?

I also have a low cd4 and higher cd8 count. Henrich kremers work may be helpful in understanding this phenomena. Based on his work and in this limited subset of patients, robust supplementation of thiol/glutathione precursors, mitochondrial support and co-factors as well as cox-2 inhibitors...
  2. A

IDO Metabolic Trap Hypothesis Published Today

The issue with IDO is that it can be chronically activated to suppress both pathogens as well as inhibit tissue damage in immunologically privelaged sites like the heart and brain. Think of it as a sort of a truce between host and pathogen. For example, elevated kynurenin is often found in the...
  3. A

Also, IDO is upregulated in response to various cytokines such as interferon gamma, tnfa, il-6, etc. It gets complicated because interferon beta is often upregulated in chronic viral infections and restoration of interferon gamma with a reduction in interferon beta can sometimes clear them (hpv...
  4. A

I dont think the problem is intracellar tryptophan in the immune cells, rather, its the lack of extracellular tryptophan caused by it. Lack of tryptophan results in less serotonin and melatonin as well as significant immune dysfunctionin terms of natural killer cell function and other immune...
  5. A

Rega Compound 17 & Compound A - Potential Cures for Chronic Coxsackie B

Just catching up here after many years. I think i posted a strategy on how to eradicate persistent herpes infections including EBV. Cytolytic reactivation with HDAC inhibitors like IV sodium phenylbutyrate combined with valcyte. Total cure in many EBV cancers but killed several patients due to...
  6. A

I just read this forum category. I wrote a research paper on IDO a number of years ago. Yes - antigen presenting cells create a tryptophan sink to pull extracellular trytophan to limit its availibility infection. This is one of the primary reasons that cd4 helper counts are so low in HIV (and a...
  7. A

MAF 878 Available - Anyone already using it?

Has anyone tried this stuff yet? The suspense! Alao, what is added to the probiotic for it to make gcmaf? Is raw gc protein in the starter? If so, then it would explain why the probiotic cant be used coninuously.
  8. A

Gut Immune Cells Keep Beneficial Microbes in Their Place

Great call on Linaclotide. I read about it a few months back and immediately thought of the bacterial translocation in CFS. Ditto for HIV. There are likely bacteria that reside in some of our guts that interfere with this pathway. When is this going to be available?
  9. A

COX-2

You must be under a doctor's care. This is anecdotal evidence from a sample size of 1. These drugs carry risks so you need a doc. I tried everything under the sun as most have. When I went off the combo I relapsed some months later. Starting again now so I'll let you know how it goes. I...
  10. A

COX-2

For those of us with viral involvement (as defined by all herpes viruses, HHV6, CMV, etc and enteroviruses EV71, Coxsackie B3, etc.), it is my belief that part of what might help us lies in understanding COX-2. I dropped my enormously elevated HHV6 titer by 2/3 and CMV Igg and Igm to negative. I...