• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

3am wake up/adrenaline rush/pain/sweating

worst symptoms occur at 3-4am . . . . . wake up abruptly and feel terrible . . . . . any suggestions on how to treat the adrenaline filled wake ups that leave me feeling so ill . . . . feels like it is hormonal yet all my tests are normal (of course). This sounds so familiar to me. For the past...
  2. T

Cytokines: Explaining what they are and how they might relate to ME/CFS

"The vast array of dysfunction and dysregulation strongly imply an ongoing process, one that is likely self perpetuating". Self perpetuating - exactly. An initiating trigger event, either sudden or cumulative, disrupts the hypothalmic-pituitary-adrenal axis, creating a dysfunctional state...
  3. T

What has helped more with your sleep?

At night I take: 1. Gabapentin 300 mg 2. Zolpidem 15 mg 3. Magnesium Sulfate injection 2 ml plus: 4. NAC 1000 mg 5. D-Ribose 4-5 g in warm milk The NAC and D-Ribose make little perceivable impact, although I think they help a bit. This is where I am just now and it's the best combo I've had...
  4. T

Dr Sarah Myhill interview

Hi Redrachel I've had ME/CFS for 14 years and have been persistently affected by gastric problems, primarily what could be described as IBS. I think that Sarah Myhill's (and other's) hypothosis that so many of the symptoms overall can be explained by mitochondrial failure is absolutely robust...