• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Kristen

Buhner Herbs for CFS...

Master Herbalist Stephen Harrod Buhner has created an herbal formula for CFS which is available at Dry Creek Herb Farm (530) 268-3638. He has been treating his own CFS and Hep C successfully. I'm starting his Lyme formula. Check out his books.....definitely an enlightening experience. K
  2. Kristen

Treating Lyme Disease (Jernigan)

Hi guys...starting my Lyme treatment with Dr. Bhakta March First. I will start a thread when i feel a bit better. I will do IV antibiotic, LDN, Flagyl immune and gut support and methylation protocol, and some hormonal support. K
  3. Kristen

Welcome!

P.S. if you ever want to chat on the phone, i will give you my number... K
  4. Kristen

Welcome!

I will be happy to share:-) Here are the initial supplements until my blood tests come back. She tested me for Lyme and methylation (liver) and will do xmrv next time. She has lots sophisticated tests, but i can only afford a few at a time.... K-pax (multi for hiv/aids) OrthoMega EPA NT factor...
  5. Kristen

Welcome!

I took Valtrex for 2 months. Dr. Silver said that if it worked, i would have noticed a difference within 2 weeks. But I've been doing Dr. Bhakta's supplements for a couple of weeks, and was able to get up of my death bed three days ago. I've been taking little walks outside which hasn't happened...
  6. Kristen

Moving to Private Group

That is some malicious BS!!!!!!!!!!
  7. Kristen

Vertigo Turning Over In Bed

Hi guys...i have it bad....sometimes i wake up in the middle of the night and the room is spinning. My episodes usually last anywhere from a day to five days. I started seeing a new doctor and she said these symptoms are caused by Vasoconstriction. Google it and see if it makes sense. So far...
  8. Kristen

Welcome!

Hi Andrew:) yes, he is the Dr. Silver from Cedars. I like him, but i think that he is more of a Fibro guy than CFS. He gave me Valtrex which wasn't very helpful and then Doxycicline which helped a little bit. After that though there weren't too many options. I started seeing Dr. Bhakta in...
  9. Kristen

Los Angeles Support Group

Thank you for posting....I'm not mobile either now, but it's good to know for the future:)
  10. Kristen

Cross-posting: Over-the counter remedies for retrovirals/XMRV

Hi guys....these supplements were designed for HIV/AIDS patients. Supposed to be great. http://http://www.kpaxpharm.com/vitaminsandsupplements/immunesystemboosters
  11. Kristen

Talk presented by Dr. Chitra Bhakta

Hi Rich...I saw Dr. B. this week and she sends you a big hello! she has extensive knowledge of chronic illness and also has the best energy. I had a great visit with her. Starting her treatment next week and will keep everyone posted. By the way, she had diner with Dr. Bell when he was in town...
  12. Kristen

NT in Austin

Hi Shellbell....since you can't tolerate caffeine, it's better to be careful with this procedure. I do not have the same reaction from it as drinking coffee. It's just a slight increase in energy, but no jitters. Regardless, i always do it in the morning, not to interfere with sleep.
  13. Kristen

NT in Austin

Hi guys....I've done coffee enemas for over a year and find it very helpful to remove toxins from liver.
  14. Kristen

Neural Therapy - Greek/German doctor issues some research/report paper

Hi...i found this article about jay Goldstein on prohealth. There is more information there is you do a search. http://www.prohealth.com/library/showarticle.cfm?libid=9210 K
  15. Kristen

My experience with NT and homeopathy by Kim

Mike, keep sharing, it helps people! and with this horrible condition we need every bit of hope we can get!!! K
  16. Kristen

Hi Mike and Joey:) thank you for explaining the situation with your Ohio doctor. Mike, I'm very sorry that you were so viciously attacked by the CFS community for opening you heart and trying to help others out of the abyss. Before i read your story, I was very depressed and ready to give up the...
  17. Kristen

Welcome!

Ok...i think i just figured out the my communication issues. It's going OK in this neck of the woods. For me it's mostly bad days with a few good ones in between. I'm getting ready to see a new doctor next week to do some Lyme testing. How do you like your doctor? is the treatment helpful...
  18. Kristen

Hi...it's very generous of Joey to share his experiences with us. It's a fascinating journey. Since I'm new here please explain why Mike's and Joey's doctor is a secret???
  19. Kristen

XMRV + HIV interactions

Hello guys, what about CFS in prostate cancer patients with XMRV? Is their immune defect same as PWC?
  20. Kristen

Welcome!

Hi...i live in West LA and will be happy to share my journey with you:) Looking forward to chatting with a neighbor... Regards, Kristen