• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. da_foles

Bond University study results - looking at NK Cell function. My results.

Hi all, CFS for 18 months now. Massive initial crash slowly improving 1-2% a month since crash. Many areas have improved for me. Less aches, better sleep, less fatigue but I still have CFS. Anyway I'm in a study that Bond university has been conducting over a 2 year period here in...
  2. da_foles

starting cycloferron

Hey heaps real. I must chime in here. I have been on cyclo now for a bit over a month. I have noticed an improve. I don't need Hanna naps in the arvo either. I work 5 hours a day in an office. Of late I have been playing f1 2010 with a wheel and I mean 5 hours straight. Something I could not...
  3. da_foles

turning yellow

Kati, thanks for the info. Phase 1 filtration of the liver is basically the part that smashes glass bottles into pieces then phase 2 is the part that breaks down this glass into parts the body can kid rid of through urine, sweat etc. So if I have a fast phase 1 and sluggish phase 2 I'm getting...
  4. da_foles

turning yellow

Hey Mishy, I was turning yellow way before starting on Famvir. Was truning yellow about 3 weeks into CFS. Amino acids I'm on are. Glycine, Calcium D glucarate, N.A.C, and lipoic acid. Been seeing a Dr and now seeing a naturopath. Hopefully we can work something out and get me back on track...
  5. da_foles

Any contact with Asia before the onset of ME/CFS?

Becc that is interesting. While in Japan I had some sort of really mild cold thing was still able to sight see go out, snowboard and all that. But I was having trouble sleeping and was waking up really early like at 3am. So i would leave my gf in the room and go walk around the city till the sun...
  6. da_foles

Any contact with Asia before the onset of ME/CFS?

I have been to Thailand and Japan before CFS. Might have picked something up but I was at Thailand over 2 years ago and japan this time last year. I have had CFS for 6 months. I pushed myself to the extremes when it kicked in. No virus besides mild glandular fever again. I have no sore throat...
  7. da_foles

drugs=sleep

was it the pain keep you awake? With CFS it completely knocks your sleep center in your brain for six. Some Fibro sufferers seem to be able to sleep fine still but they can't get good sleep due to pain. Kind of what I have been picking up from stories and research. People with CFS/Fibro that can...
  8. da_foles

drugs=sleep

i'm on prothiaden 75mg, imovane 7.5mg, restavit 25mg and melatonin 5mg. I take all those at once every night. It gets me 8 - 10 hours sleep. Without them I can't fall asleep or stay asleep.
  9. da_foles

Dealing with weight gain

I have now had CFS for 6 months. In this time I have lost 12kg. I was 90 kg now sitting at around 78kg. Not sure if I will start piling it back on soon. I have lost a bit of muscle in my legs so that could be the weight that I have lost. Who knows.
  10. da_foles

Immunovir/Isoprinosine information

Yes I have uploaded the wrong ones. however I don't think they will work anyway because they are above the cut off size limit for a pdf. If anyone would like them just pm me and I can send it to your e mail address. Cheers. Thinking of doing both at the same time will give Famvir a go...
  11. da_foles

Immunovir/Isoprinosine information

Hey all, My Dr gave me these doc's to read and gave me the option of either trying immunvor or famvir I went with famvir because it was easy to get here in Australia i still have the script for immunovir I might try both at the same time after 3 months on famvir - see how I go. Thought this...
  12. da_foles

turning yellow

Hey Jody, Thanks for the welcome and the information. I was going to get some milk thistle might stay on these amino acids etc first that the dr has prescribed for me to try help the liver. See how they go. Will probably look into milk thistle further down the track.
  13. da_foles

turning yellow

Turning Yellow hands & feet - help Hi all, I have now had CFS for about 6 months. I would put myself in the mild to moderately affected however this level is still devastating and has pretty much taken away my life. I feel partly responsible for my fall into CFS as I pushed my body to...
  14. da_foles

Possible money-makers for chronics

There could be money in Pet breeding. Breeding dogs etc. It would take a bit of work but I'm sure alot of PWC's could handle it. Something I have been thinking about since just getting a puppy.
  15. da_foles

XMRV and Transmission: The Big Question

Yup same with me, healthy fit young man until at the age of 26 I pushed my body to its limit while feeling a little run down and snap. CFS thanks for coming. NOT
  16. da_foles

R U Amygdalized?

I gave the AR a go for about 3 months. This was at the start of my illness when I was trying anything to myself well. I have also given Reverse therapy a go. I admit I tried these pretty quickly and didn't really stick with them probably for the amount of time I should have. But I got to a point...
  17. da_foles

XMRV and Transmission: The Big Question

I think if XMRV is legit and true to be the cause of CFS, then I feel this virus piggybacks itself in on herpes virus's. So many people have had glandular fever and then get CFS. Maybe people that get infected just happen to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. They come in contact with...
  18. da_foles

Famvir for 5 days now instant relief!

Yup Aussie Hey mate, Yeah I'm an Aussie through and through. I'm in Brisbane. you are right about Australia not being able to test you for your current level of ebv infection. However you can see if u currently have an infection with ebv. So get a lymphocytes test done, this will tell you...
  19. da_foles

Haha, Yes I need to thank my second doctor - Heapsreal :)
  20. da_foles

G'day all, I have had CFS for 6 months and just recently have started Famvir. Taking 500mg tablet a day one half in morning the other half at night. I had very noticeable results after the first night. I had my best day at work in the 6 months and was able to continue on feeling better into...