• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Low dose naltrexone vs. kratom

Does anyone know if kratom could act as low dose naltrexone? Would it be the same mechanism by turning off opioid receptors temporarily which results in an endorphin increase?
  2. J

Odd B12/Iron Bloodwork!

I read people with CFS can have elevated TNF and Leptin. I was starting to think I had an allergy to lecithin as I exhibit a lot of symptoms to that. Also I had several heterozygous TNF mutations. I decided to rule it out by getting a TNF and leptin Test. Luckily everything seems good. Results...
  3. J

Odd B12/Iron Bloodwork!

Thanks. I’m going to get my ferritin levels checked since the last bloodwork was from 6months ago. Hopefully they increased.
  4. J

Odd B12/Iron Bloodwork!

Yes adrenals and Dhea were normal thanks
  5. J

Odd B12/Iron Bloodwork!

Oops I should probably note that I just read the test could be skewed if supplementing with b12. At the time I was using 1mg adenosylcobalamin and 1mg hydroxocobalamin. Last dose was maybe 36hrs prior to blood test.
  6. J

Odd B12/Iron Bloodwork!

Hello everyone this is my first post here. I figured I would post it on this thread since it relates. I have felt awful the past 3-4years. Had tons of blood work done been to rheumatologist, endocrinologist, etc. everything typically comes back normal. Rheumatologist just said “you probably...