• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

False negative Lyme?

I found a lab in my town which performed Lyme (Borrelia) tests, so I decided to pay myself for the test. The results were disappointing, to say at least: IgG 8.2 UA/mL Reference values: Below 10 UA/mL: Nonreactive Between 10 and 15 UA/mL: Indeterminate Above 15 UA/mL: Reactive IgM 0,3...
  2. M

Declining neutrophils

Hi everyone, I've been monitoring my labs since the start of my illness, and found something curious. Look at my neutrophil counts versus time: My illness started about February 2017. From the figure above, it's clear that there is a downward trend since the start of infection (both in...
  3. M

Help me understand my labs

Thank you for your insights. I will check this online service, it seems very interesting (however, if this is only some kind of spreadsheet, I would rather do it myself on Excel. Also, I beg to differ about your opinion on how the statistics are made. The reference ranges are not based upon...
  4. M

This is funny, because I did a quick test in the doctor's office, in which she applied several common allergens in my arm and everything was negative. I actually asked the doctor to order this test, but she said it wasn't necessary. ¬¬ No surprises there... It's not as if we woke up...
  5. M

Hello everyone. Yesterday I received some blood tests ordered by an immunologist doctor. I would like you guys to help my find some underlying abnormality, because I'm pretty sure the doctor will give some generic explanation like "You have low vitamin D. There's the culprit!" when I show her...
  6. M

Vision issues: floaters, noisy vision, after-images

Has anybody tried a successful treatment for this issue? The eye floaters are, by far, one of my most annoying symptoms. It's constantly reminding me of my condition. I know the eye floaters can happen to anyone occasionally. But my floaters are a problem that affects me 24/7 (except while I'm...
  7. M

Vision issues: floaters, noisy vision, after-images

I'm dealing with severe eye floaters for several months now. I went to an eye doctor because I was really concerned about a possible CMV retinitis or retinal or vitreous detachment. The doctor said my retina is totally healthy. He ordered a retina mapping examination, which confirmed that...