• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Poll: Are most ME symptoms in beginning driven by drastic impairment of glucose metabolism?

I’d just be guessing so I will not vote but I’d be interested to hear what @Manuel thinks about his.
  2. N

Second person in the UK to have ME recorded on their death certificate

It’s a very sad story for sure and I can definitely relate to being made to doubt myself. I hope some good comes out of it.
  3. N

Second person in the UK to have ME recorded on their death certificate

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-44969741 The family of only the second person in the UK to have ME recorded on their death certificate say they feel "vindicated" by the ruling. Merryn Crofts from Rochdale died in May last year, 10 days after her 21st birthday. Her mother Clare Norton told...
  4. N

Good Doctors appointments on National health

That’s really good news! Mine usually fob me off. I find it difficult to get an appointment with the same doctor each time so it’s hard to get any sense of continuity because you constantly have to explain everything from the beginning again which if you’ve been unwell for 15 years takes quite a...
  5. N

Temporary or Permanent Muscular damage?

@ChrisD I don’t know if there’s anything similar near you but I plan on having my gait analysed later in the year. I wanted to do it sooner but been waiting until I feel like i’ve got past any problems which could be put down to simple deconditioning. Anyway, the University of Salford have a...
  6. N

Yeah, same, once i’m going it’s fine. Stop start walking is not so good for me either. That slow shuffle walking you have to do when with kids/old people really does me in because like you say there is just no momentum. Apparently proper walking should be done with 90 deg elbows to maximise...
  7. N

@Sherlock Thanks. I hadn’t really thought about arthritis. I guess because i’m not that old. It’s certainly no worse in the mornings so I guess lying proves quite neutral for me in that respect. Mine seems to be centred around bending. Or having limbs in bent positions. @ChrisD Yep, they do...
  8. N

red faced

Yes to redness. Malar region, so cheeks and nose.
  9. N

I’m stiff all over 24/7 but it feels like it’s centred around my spine/trunk. Legs I would describe as being more weak than stiff. Arms don’t really feel stiff at all and are definitely stronger than my legs (relatively speaking). Something is always aching though. I sound like an old man when I...
  10. N

Article: Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) associated with Epstein-Barr virus infection.

This the best thread I have read on here so far. Really great work @Manuel :thumbsup: I too had EBV (glandular fever) before onset of CFS.