• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. MEssias

Community symposium on molecular basis of ME/CFS at Stanford Discussion Thread

Are there any other diseases that cause such a metabolic trap? And are there epidemics caused by metabolic traps?
  2. MEssias

davis said expressly "better no self-attempts!"
  3. MEssias

ME/CFS Outbreaks--discussion

What is a DNA retrovirus? I only know RNA retroviruses and talk of nothing else. DNA retroviruses would be completely new to me. or do you mean endogenous retroviruses?
  4. MEssias

Epidemics are dependent on a pathogen. That's why most theories fall out for me. if you see it differently, ok. But please do not be too disappointed if in 10 years just as little has happened as in the last 10 years.
  5. MEssias

1986 Michael Holmes Holmes MJ „A Retrovirus Aetiology for CFS?“ Chapter 33 (S. 319-324) in Hyde BM (H. & A.), Levine PH (H.), Goldstein JA (H. & A.) „The Clinical and Scientific Basis for M.E./ CFS“, Nightingale Research Foundation (C. A.) 1992 1989 Sidney Grossberg...
  6. MEssias

I know it!! I meant that sarcastically.
  7. MEssias

have you read underhills theory? And the retrovirus hypothesis has long since answered these questions. you only have to look at HIV and you will notice that everything is known. And of course all the other infections were just random triggers. the retrovirus is the cause. it is really sad how...
  8. MEssias

Yes, I know that, thank you. But according to Ron davis, there are no infections in the tissues if they are not also found in the blood;))) why is not a single word about epidemics and infections mentioned as a CAUSE throughout the conference?
  9. MEssias

@Hip everything right what you say. At least we agree that it has to be a pathogen. I just think that ME also has adeno rhino and other cold viruses as a trigger. only you will never find out, because you almost never test for these viruses and they are only trigger. So you're out of the blood...
  10. MEssias

“The greater incidence in offspring suggests that close household contact may have more influence than genetics in accounting for the occurrence of CFS in the offspring.” "Both Genetic Relationship and Close Household Contact Potential Risk Factors for CFS"...
  11. MEssias

And you have to remember what ME is for a disease. do we get in contact with many other people? no, we are shut off. How should such a big epidemic develop if the patients are usually tied to the bed. And as I said, family members of the hospital staff also fell ill. And who knows if even more...
  12. MEssias

That is partly true. Not everyone seems to get ME. there are certainly genetic factors that may favor an outbreak. And it certainly needs a constellation of stressors to weaken the immune system so that the virus can lead to ME. But you also have to remember that even with a flu, not everyone...
  13. MEssias

that's all right. however, family members of the hospital staff were also infected and patients with ME. So the potential virus has also spread outside. Of course, it takes several stressors to weaken the immune system so that this potential virus can gain the upper hand over the immune system...
  14. MEssias

How can the metabolic trap theory explain the epidemic ME outbreaks? Is a metabolic trap infectious? I prophesy here that this will not be the solution. Think of me, if you realize that someday. sorry for being pessimistic
  15. MEssias

how likely is it that a pathogen triggers exactly the same microbiome response in over 200 people at the same time? Not very likely. So what can only be the cause of an outbreak? a pathogen! no microbiome change! The microbial change is a consequence and not the cause.
  16. MEssias

...I really lose faith in humanity... the outbreaks are all occupied. ME is an infectious disease. And an infectious disease has consequences. like inflammation in the brain, metabolism changes and microbial changes. But these things are never the cause of an epidemic !!!
  17. MEssias

that's the problem. it does not explain the outbreaks! Outbreaks can only be caused by a single pathogen as a CAUSE. But umutmaz says that many different pathogens lead to the same disease, because different pathogens change the microbiome !? And how does that explain an outbreak? Did people...
  18. MEssias

....it bothers me that the really important questions do not appear to be discussed! The researchers seem to be losing themselves in their individual areas and lose sight of the big picture. Why is nowhere talked about ME starting as epidemic outbreaks? For decades! If the researchers ask...
  19. MEssias

Blogger Katarina Voss writes a comprehensive article on treating ICC-ME with antiretrovirals

@Ema emtricitabin is probably even better in the brain. That could be an advantage!
  20. MEssias

New video from Australia with research summary, etc

Is it a coincidence then that so many people are in a pile where this genetic change occurs after an infection and then all get ME at the same time? Unfortunately, I miss the logic, sorry. in addition, the pathogen must still be present because there are clusters. Even spouses get stuck with...
  21. MEssias

mTor Inhibitor Rapamune Helps 5 ME/CFS Patients in Dallas

Do you also have HIV? And do the ARVs something for you?
  22. MEssias

mTor Inhibitor Rapamune Helps 5 ME/CFS Patients in Dallas

I do not want to annoy you, but Rapamune helps against retroviruses. maybe that's why you feel better !? I can only refer to viread remission again and again. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3014061/...
  23. MEssias

but that makes only limited sense again. should it be a coincidence then that so many people are out of this pile of so many outbreaks that this genetic change occurs after an infection and then all get ME at the same time? Unfortunately, I miss the logic, sorry. in addition, the pathogen must...
  24. MEssias

Unfortunately that does not make sense. or why in an outbreak, by chance, should so many people have the same microbial response to a pathogen? how to turn it and turn it must be a pathogen that is the cause of ME. no gene and no microbiome...
  25. MEssias

very simple question: how should this approach explain the ME outbreaks? These are all more consequences of something infectious !? outbreaks can not be explained otherwise
  26. MEssias

Pulsating inflammatory pain in back area

Hello :) a short question: does anyone have such a strong inflammation in the back area after exercise? it is like a kind of pulsating pain and is clearly related to the PEM. When I rest it will eventually become less again. And has anyone found a remedy for it? Thank you!
  27. MEssias

Blogger Katarina Voss writes a comprehensive article on treating ICC-ME with antiretrovirals

Has anyone had any new experience with antiretroviral drugs or would like to try the treatment regimen soon? :)