• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

I'm losing my eyebrows!

Your FT3 might be low, some people need it in the upper third of the range to feel healthy. My integrative doc put me on a low dose of Cytomel due to FT3 in the lower third of the range, it helped immensely with some symptoms.
  2. O

Should I Start Full Lyme Treatment?

I use Buhner's herbal protocols for Lyme, babesia, and bartonella, coupled with antibiotics during flares. The body and immune system has to be healthy enough to fight the infection on its own, without that leverage antibiotics have limited value, or must be taken indefinitely or in IV...
  3. O

Choline at the nexus of adverse reactions, is it ME?

My ELISA is always positive or equivocal; the WB is positive on 66 and 41, and equivocal on 39. I've never had a clearly positive result on Lyme-specific bands. I've been tested through IGeneX, LabCorp, and Quest. My babesia duncani titre is always 1:256, blood smear is negative. Bartonella is...
  4. O

I've had coagulation testing, I'm not sure if antiphospholipid antibodies were tested also. As for the food triggers, only soy and sunflower lecithin caused it, other sources like cauliflower don't. I have no choice about stopping the supplements, the symptoms are quite uncomfortable. I haven't...
  5. O

I've been diagnosed with Lyme Complex and Lupus. Based on my response to treatment, I'm more confident in the former dx, as symptoms of Lyme, Bartonella, and Babesia all flare up reliably when I take naturopathic or pharmaceutical antimicrobials. Since the start of this year, I've been...