• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Charcoal increased my energy immediately - what does this mean?

That's a really good line for SIBO info! Thanks
  2. T

I think it's highly likely that it is to do with mold. I was living in a water damaged building for a few years and was sick and getting sicker while I was there. It took me a long time to see that it was the damp building causing it - my GP kept telling me it wouldn't be. In the end I had...
  3. T

high MCH with normal B12 and folate

Thank you, I think I will trial each of them and see what happens.
  4. T

It's great you persisted yourself to get such a good result. I have to say - and I should be used to it by now, after years of this - but it still surprises me how little doctors know a lot of the time. I had a doctor want to take my thymus out a few years ago and luckily I did quite a bit of...
  5. T

I wondered if that might be the case, suspected as much.
  6. T

Thanks, Patti. Yes, vicious circle, that is for sure. And yes, as you say, charcoal is known to work immediately. I guess I'm just wondering what the toxins are that it seems to be soaking up. I was also just reading that some bacteria produce toxins.
  7. T

Hi, It looks like there is quite a bit on the forum about MCH already. My levels are high but my B12 and Folate are normal, so I assume those supplements won't help. Does anyone know much about this? Thank you.
  8. T

Hi, thank you for replying. Yes, I also wondered about placebo effect, but actually I didn't expect it to work. I was so surprised. I think the improvement was within half and hour or so, so not completely immediate, but it was significant. I thought it was odd too, which is what made me...
  9. T

Hi, thanks for replying. I have been so unsure as to whether to investigate SIBO. It has been mentioned it to me and I've read a bit about it... so much competing info. My mainstream GP says it's not a thing... but I know people have gotten qutie a bit better through being treated for it...
  10. T

Ah, that is interesting to know that you saw a fast improvement when you took it! Yes, I also am not sure how long I should take it for, but will see how it goes. I will read about lipopolysaccharide, thanks. Seems it can cause constipation, which no doubt doesn't help gut issues at all...
  11. T

I've been pretty much unable to do anything for the last 6 weeks - bad crash - last night after doing some reading online about mould (I got very sick while living in a water damaged house) I came across this idea of binders. I hate some activated charcoal on the shelf, which I'd never tried...