• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. C

Comment by 'Charlanne' in 'What Remission Is Like: Being Scared of My Shadow'

Have been searching for this very subject. Earlier this week I experienced 3 days in a row of not feeling "sick"! I was still weak, of course, due to lack of activity the past year. This came on the heels of several VERY bad days, and a period of very elevated heart rate one night. A nurse...
  2. C

CFS Doctors in or Near NC, USA?

Dr. Amir Koohestani, in Albemarle of all places, is a DO with a very holistic approach, and has treated numerous patients with ME/CFS/CFIDS. He practices Functional Medicine, which means he seeks to find the true source of the problem rather than simply "throw drugs" at symptoms. He does not...
  3. C

When they can’t find something.

We know. We care. We are with you. PLEASE don't give up! Your story sounds very similar to mine. Find a doc that practices "Functional Medicine," likely a DO., not an MD. We MUST keep hoping!