• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

Has anyone read "The Medical Medium"

I would use extreme caution when reading his information. It's not all accurate. He does have some good advice on eating different foods and using certain supplements. I did like the celery juice and wild blueberries he recommends initially, but after awhile the feel good effects wore off. I...
  2. J

Yes, I think you are right that they are both hard to knock out. I'm glad you are feeling better and it sounds like you've been through a lot too. I appreciate your ideas and opinions so I can see things from other's perspectives!
  3. J

I have the book and I have pages 116 and 117 already marked. He knocks candida throughout the entire chapter. I wish he would have written it in a different tone and connected the dots without the sarcasm. I do have strep so that is what is causing my candida. My candida has gone systemic the...
  4. J

I've read his book "The Medical Medium" thoroughly and he does not say that in his book. He does say strep is a co-factor of EBV. He does pooh-pooh candida in his book "The Medical Medium." I have tested positive for active EBV and strep. He needs to make this more clear in his books and...
  5. J

I've read his book. The thing I don't like is that he doesn't believe in candida everything is EBV. I've tested positive for both. I really think it's the candida that is worse than the EBV. I've tried at least 12 of the items you listed and they worked initially and then stopped. If I try...
  6. J

[ARTICLE] NAD+ biosynthesis, aging, and disease

I took Life Extension NAD + and it worked for a month 3 years ago and then stopped. I felt very good on it while it worked. It hasn't worked since.