• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. shannonl

Been super lightheaded and spacey for a few days.

I will look at me action .org. If you do come across it let me know. Thank you for the info!
  2. shannonl

yes that sounds like a good next step for me!
  3. shannonl

No I haven't. I still haven't gotten doctors to think that I'm not just tired or depressed. I'm not sure to ask to be tested for that. I'm still trying to find a CFS doc in my area. Which is not easy. SIgh. But I can see the need for it. I had mono as a teenager but not sure if it's still active
  4. shannonl

Thank you for all that info!! I appreciate it. All of this trying to figure out supplements etc can get overwhelming
  5. shannonl

Thanks Mary, I was tested like 15 years ago for heavy metals. I was medium in a few. I'll have to look again. I've had my silver amalgam fillings taken out thank goodness. Is there a reliable home test? And do you take particular forms of those supplements? I'm trying figure out what to take.
  6. shannonl

Just a few days. I've had it before, but not sure what it is. No heart issues that I'm aware of. It could be a sinus thing, but not sure. I do need to see my doc soon though, just in general
  7. shannonl

My head feels spacey, cotton ballish,kind of dizzy and I'm super heavy and sleepy....but awake. I've tried rest, multi vitamin, potassium, eating well. Nothing seems to be helping. Anyone have some remedies that work for them?
  8. shannonl

Post cooking pain and fatigue

I do need to see that film!
  9. shannonl

I was cooking again tonight. This time easier and something I knew. Plus already bought. I was cleaning up a little and mentioned I was tired. Cause it hit me just then. My friend Bill was like "you're tired?!!!" as if in utter disbelief. It was a pretty strong response. His wife, who's my best...
  10. shannonl

I hadn't thought about not buying and cooking the same day. Makes sense though. This particular state of being is new to me. And I keep hoping I'm getting better so I can do more. But yeah doing too much in one day I can see that sometimes it has a big impact. I usually don't do new recipes...
  11. shannonl

It was actually! The adults enjoyed it. Kids did not. It was a version of Ratatoille. :)
  12. shannonl

Yes I would love an instant pot!
  13. shannonl

A rolling stool would help a lot! But yeah sometimes sitting is hard for me as well!
  14. shannonl

Yeah I love to cook too! This was a new and more extreme reaction. I usually get fatigued but not seized up like that. grrr. But yeah I think smaller more manageable meals may be better. :) I was fine tonight making roasted potatoes and salad. Eating out is usally bad for me as well
  15. shannonl

I keep thinking I'm the old me. Sigh. :)
  16. shannonl

This is something a bit new and really annoying. I made dinner for my housemates a couple of days ago. I was feeling fairly energetic so I went to a couple of stores to get food and supplies, came back and cooked a complicated new recipe. I started getting fatigued towards the end of cooking...
  17. shannonl

Earn $$$ chit-chatting online

I don't seem to have the option to message anyone yet. I think because I'm too new. I don't see the Start a new conversation when I click on people's names or pics. And my privacy settings allow for people to contact me. ARgh! lol
  18. shannonl

I can't seem to find a place to PM you. If you see this before I find out how, would you PM me? I would love the info.
  19. shannonl

Is this still out there? :)