• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Every single symptom of "adrenal fatigue" matches caffiene withdraw

2018 was good for me, February-July, then something happened...I don’t know what but the following year and a half have been the worst!! I think it could’ve been a new medicine my old PCP insisted I try for gout. fast forward to now and things have been slightly better since last month. I had...
  2. B

Are you ok with reading?

I’ve never been able to read ANY books(not Including children’s books) from start to finish...was supposedly smart as a kid in school but I never read any book I was assigned to read, it was impossible for me. I always skimmed through the pages when reading or studying, I was also a great...
  3. B

24/7 365 chronic brain fog/inability to think, MCAS, EDS 3, GERD, SIBO

I felt awful after eating for a long time, it was like being drugged most times and the brain fog was intense. I still have brain fog, fatigue, executive function issues but I’m glad to have gotten rid of the “I just got drugged” feeling every time I ate anything. Turns out the allopurinol I was...
  4. B

Tips for Finding Reliable Prescription-Free Online Pharmacies

Has anyone used “e-check” to make a payment at alldaychemist?? They want routing number and checking account number...not a good gut feeling
  5. B

Grains and sugars precipitate neuroinflammation?

I’m personally trying the carnivore diet at the moment. I feel it helps some with inflammation. What I dislike is that keeping adequate levels of electrolytes is much harder, possibly due to ketosis. While doing the ketogenic diet I experienced severe fatigue whenever I used the sauna, probably...
  6. B

Thanks for this comment! Gives me another avenue to explore (PBC). I have “benign” low alkaline phosphatase and have had elevated liver enzymes on multiple occasions. I’ve been told I have non alcoholic fatty liver after sonogram due to upper right quadrant pain. I would hate to think a...
  7. B

From what I understand, advocates of the carnivore way of eating say that we can get all essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids from an all meat diet (this includes broths and organ meats). When it comes to fiber it seems it’s role may be overrated. Most people consuming just meat and...
  8. B

Muscle soreness after sauna?

Btw, I squally stay in for 30 min, cool down in the pool and then do another thirty to end it. Today I did 30, cool down, followed by 20...I think for that was too much for me today
  9. B

Muscle soreness after sauna?

I use the sauna (dry at 175-190F) to prevent muscle soreness after workouts and increase hgh, among other benefits... https://www.wilderlyman.com/7-sauna-benefits/ When I overdo it I feel a lot like you describe. I feel tired and definitely have tons more muscle cramps
  10. B

Thank you for writing that, it matches some of my experience. I also had to go back, every time I quit, cold turkey or weaned off over a period of 40 something days, I would stop “doing things”. Hobbies that interested me were not even a thought, I would stop going to the gym etc. I felt slower...
  11. B

Why does d-ribose make me sleepy ? How to overcome it ?

the Abstract of the study states that the upregulation of adenosine receptors (tolerance) is probably not the mechanism by which the rats become tolerant of the effects of caffeine on locomotor activity. Not only is it an older study (1991), it also doesn’t account for any of my symptoms and...
  12. B

I can personally attest that withdrawal can last over four months at least (only 4 months because I had to start drinking it again). After realizing I was getting headaches (killer migraines) if I skipped coffee for two or 3 days I decided I didn’t need something like that in my life. Coffee...
  13. B

Why does d-ribose make me sleepy ? How to overcome it ?

Be careful with the caffeine. In my experience, once you become tolerant of a certain caffeine level you’ll need that much caffeine to just be at “normal”. I inadvertently got used to drinking a lot of coffee but never on a solid schedule. Some days I’d drink a lot in the morning other days it...