• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. debc

Genentech agrees to pay for ME/CFS patient's Rituximab

I did not need three denials, in my case it was based on medical necessity (not FDA approved but is the standard of care for my diagnosis, which is NMO) combined with financial need. The formula is - your out of pocket costs for the drug must be be greater than five percent of your gross...
  2. debc

It is the Genentech Access to Care Foundation that handles all this stuff. There are a lot of very dumb people working there. And an occasional helpful one.
  3. debc

Hello all. I have an auto immune diagnosis (neuro myelitis optica) for which Rituximab is not FDA approved, but is the standard of care. I provided Genentech with a statement of medical necessity from my neurologist, and proof that the drug cost is great than five percent of my gross adjusted...