• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. N

Symptom Exacerbation from hunger

I have this too and have thought a lot about it and the extent to which it might be triggered (or worsened) by my own symptom anxiety. i.e. get hungry > start feeling a bit weak > know if you don't eat you might feel worse > stress response triggered > start feeling worse etc.
  2. N

As for weight and general health, I've certainly discovered the high protein, high veg (and even high fats) and low simple carbs helps a lot here. Pretty close to paleo. e.g. My mid morning snack is quinoa cooked in coconut milk, early arfternoon brocoli will be tahini or a whole avocado...
  3. N

Thanks for your input (and general agreement!) everyone. Has anyone discovered anything to reduce the sensitivity to this in any way? i.e. increased tolerance / longer breaks in between meals?
  4. N

Hi all, Long time reader / first time poster. 2 years into my CFS journey, working part time but not much of a life other than that. Was wondering if anyone else gets an extreme exacerbation of symptoms (e.g. weakness/heaviness, lightheadedness, need to lie down, headache and sometimes even...