• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. T

Copper dysregulation

I have no way of giving clinical figures in regards to my health, as doctors will not test me for anything I had been treating. But I'm still completely well. I went from around a decade of worsening health, energy and mood to being able to work full time, exercise and get energy from it rather...
  2. T

Completely eliminated my severe anxiety symptoms with three supplements!

D2 receptors are n linked glycoproteins. WGA-Agglutinin comes from wheat, corn, oats etc, it crosses the blood brain barrier and has affinity with several dopaminergic systems. Small amounts of WGA are very pro-inflammatory. WGA can form a glycoprotein with NAG which causes even more damage...
  3. T

glyphosate toxicity cure

I'd suggest anyone who thinks Glyphosate is safe, or that research done into it can be trusted read through these emails. https://www.baumhedlundlaw.com/toxic-tort-law/monsanto-roundup-lawsuit/monsanto-secret-documents/
  4. T

Skyrocketing BP and HR after eating

Over what period of time did you go from being able to tolerate wheat to not being able to?
  5. T

Also do you eat a lot of wheat? Wheat germ agglutinin or WGA is a lectin that protects wheat (Triticum vulgaris) from insects, yeast and bacteria. An agglutinin protein, it binds to N-acetyl-D-glucosamine and Sialic acid. WGA has been shown to be inflammatory in the brain and elsewhere, to...
  6. T

Also do you know of any mercury exposure you've come across? Have you had your mercury levels checked out? "Mercury concentration in urine and urinary activity of N-acetyl-beta-D-glucosaminidase were determined in a group of 100 workers from an electrolysis workshop. The enzyme activities...
  7. T

@Hip I'm curious about something, I've been doing some reading on NAG and ordered some from Jarrow to give it a try. Do you have any dopamine related issues? Specifically ANKK1 A1? Or general (DDD) Dopamine Deficient Depression? I came across a study where they used GlcNAc to clean D2...
  8. T

Copper dysregulation

I should also mention I stopped taking carnosine. I was having severe panic attacks, tachycardia, respiratory depression and histamine issues. This was either due to the histamine, or to carnosine in the presence of too much hydrogen peroxide (which anyone with a lot of oxidative stress will...
  9. T

Copper dysregulation

Carnosine has the ability to cross the BBB so the added benefit usually seen with acetyl grouped amino acids is lost there. The benefit to using acetyl-carnosine is that it prevents degradation by the carnosinase enzyme into histidine and beta alanine allowing more carnosine to build up. This...
  10. T

DRD2 SNP Function

Yeah I'm not too sure what to do regarding D2, everywhere I go, Doctors, forums, reddit all say it doesn't matter. Though I have read TaqIa and TaqIb cause a 30 to 40% reduction in D2 receptor density, and I have them both homozygous. I also have rs1076560 (A;A) which decreases the amount of...
  11. T

NAG (N-acetylglucosamine) increases Candida virulence

Doesn't high dose Biotin prevent Candida from becoming virulent in the first place? Wouldn't that work to offset the potential for NAG to cause issues?
  12. T

Approaches to treating D-Lactic Acidosis

I've seen the reason come up a few times during my research into it. Apparently D-Lactic Acidosis is very rare and generally occurs in those with short bowel syndrome, aside from it being rare, it's often overshadowed by L-Lactic Acidosis as the condition is generally termed Lactic Acidosis (no...
  13. T

Approaches to treating D-Lactic Acidosis

D-Lactate inhibits L-Lactate and Pyruvate usage. "D-lactate significantly decreased oxygen consumption caused by L-lactate in rat brain (67% reduction in state 3, p < 0.05) and heart (74% reduction in state 3, p < 0.05) mitochondria with a slight but non-significant change in liver (22%...
  14. T

Copper dysregulation

So you're more in agreement with Monsantos third party studies than the independent ones? Ah well, let's agree to disagree.
  15. T

Interferon gamma (IFNγ)

So your serum Tryptophan Kyn/Trp & Kyna/Quin ratio is all good? No symptoms of excess Kynurenine and low gut serotonin? Constipation, general inflammation, brain fog, sore joints, depression or fatigue? https://ca.iherb.com/pr/renew-life-ultimate-flora-probiotic-150-billion-30-veggie-caps/57480...
  16. T

Interferon gamma (IFNγ)

Taking probiotics will not result in recolonization. Prebiotics and reintroducing Ahr ligands will, and rebalancing your biome will. What dosage were you taking? What strains? The idea is to simulate a colony that most likely would exist naturally in your gut to help fight infection and to heal...
  17. T

Interferon gamma (IFNγ)

If-y is increased in the mucosa of IBS patients as a result of altered serotonin signalling and impaired Tryptophan metabolism. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26744473 People with CFS will always get worse on probiotics before they get better (I'm talking about therapeutic dosages 500...
  18. T

Interferon gamma (IFNγ)

Jiaogulan as far as I've been able to find is one of if not the most potent SOD Booster known.
  19. T

Interferon gamma (IFNγ)

Well yeah, I have noticed there's a theory that probiotics are the issue, and one would want to take interferon treatments to cure their CFS. If the opposite approach to what I'm saying seems right, then you should pay me no mind and pursue it. Increasing IDO activity will help increase IF-y...
  20. T

Interferon gamma (IFNγ)

What do inflammatory bowel disorders, Chronic Fatigue Disorder, Parkinsons and Alzheimers have in common? Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Fatigue Loss of memory or concentration Sore throat Enlarged lymph nodes in your neck or armpits Unexplained muscle pain Pain that moves from one joint to another...
  21. T

Copper dysregulation

Carnosine had the same effect as copper in increasing urinary output for a day (excessive, urinating 5 minutes after drinking water), to very little and dark colored urine by day two. 500 billion CFU probiotics per day, for 3 days. Brand...
  22. T

Copper dysregulation

I backed off the carnosine to experiment with the Tryptophan Kynurenine idea, saw a lot of promise in it. Kidney function is completely normal now, don't need to balance my electrolytes anymore. Depression 80% gone and with drastic efficacy, didn't realize I could feel okay without the...
  23. T

Indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase

Yeah got a bit hot headed, I don't do well with confrontation and helping people out of this nightmare is very important to me. I apologize either way, and I'll just make use of ignore from now on. Not that my emotional temper tantrum will do much to validate my opinion now, but I want to...
  24. T

I didn't see you edited your post to remind me that kynurenic acid is generally tested for. Well kynurenic acid is not kynurenine. And has nothing to do with the destructive pathway I'm talking about, kynurenic acid helps to offset the damage done as kynurenine goes through the kynurenine...
  25. T

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4911177/ http://simmaronresearch.com/2015/03/major-study-suggests-early-immune-activation-may-drive-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/ https://books.google.ca/books?id=HXMGAQAAQBAJ&pg=PT878&lpg=PT878&dq=kynurenine...
  26. T

I didn't claim it was the cause. I'm saying that consuming fructose will cause gut inflammation in those who cannot properly metabolize fructose. https://books.google.ca/books?id=K1LxBwAAQBAJ&pg=PA75&lpg=PA75&dq=fructose...
  27. T

glyphosate toxicity cure

Not that I'm aware of, it always turns up fine when I get checked out. Haven't noticed anything with it since taking the probiotics if that's what you mean.
  28. T

I want to discuss the Tryptophan pathway as it is related to CFS and see if there's any interest. I'll keep this fairly short. Fructose. I want to first discuss the role of fructose in the Tryptophan pathway as it relates to those with CFS. An estimated 25-30% of the general population have...
  29. T

glyphosate toxicity cure

It depends on what your definition of CFS is, you're saying those who get better didnt have it in the first place. So your definition could fit anyone up to their death bed who is chronically ill. So I'm assuming you don't agree with the root cause theories, makes sense I agree with you there...
  30. T

glyphosate toxicity cure

Yeah, the gut biome thing has always been in my mind, the center of CFS. Maybe that's just specific to me. But I did some research, found a few probiotics designed for mega dosing saw there was one where they're doing up to 3.6 trillion CFUS daily. Probiotics have never helped me, but I've...