• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

How Do I Get Rid Of A Cold Sore?

Try goldenseal - in tincture form. You should be able to get it from a health store.
  2. M

Anyone heard of two siblings with ME?

My sister had a fairly mild case about 25 years ago and now seems to be in remission. I originally was sick with this back in the mid 70’s but went into remission for a long time - now have been much sicker for the past 6 years after having a tetanus shot.
  3. M

Clumsiness

I have the same problem with dropping things - one moment it is in my hand, next moment on the floor. It seems to be an ME thing - I found it on a list of symptoms put out by the local ME society. I also recollect it from way back - 40 years ago when I had my first go around with ME. And I...
  4. M

Advice for healthy older adults: Get the new shingles vaccine

Hi @Dan_USAAZ - You can (I hope) find the article by going to the website www.commonground.ca, click on the February issue of the magazine, and scroll down until you come to the article by Alan Cassels.
  5. M

Advice for healthy older adults: Get the new shingles vaccine

I came across an article about this vaccine, written by an independent, unbiased drug policy researcher. The drug company that makes this vaccine has been marketing it very heavily - big bucks involved! It is a very expensive vaccine. After going through the drug company information with a...
  6. M

Now very severe HELP

Agree with what people say - rest, rest,rest. This illness takes infinite patience, perseverance and the discipline to really listen to your body. It took me a long while to really give up trying to do more than my body could tolerate. Also, those energy drinks like Ensure and Boost contain...
  7. M

Best health books?

I also recommend Toni Bernhard's "How to be Sick". Another book I found good, especially when I was pretty sick and looking for some gentle things I could do, is "The Healer Within - Using Traditional Chinese Techniques to Release Your Body's own Medicine", by Roger Jahnke. This book uses...
  8. M

How to treat osteoporosis when you can't exercise?

Hi folks - this is my first post, although I have been following this site for several years, and have learned a great deal. The first thing I wanted to mention since I don't see anyone else has mentioned it, is that it is unlikely you will break a bone unless you fall or suffer some kind of...