• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. trk483

Anyone here having damage of Central Nervous System because of CMV?

Thank you. :) I have not been checked for any other viruses aside from EBV, which was negative. I am supposed to go back to get a full viral panel, crossing fingers its only CMV. That is so interesting - my doctor was suspecting I was not a good methylator, so she is ordering MTHFR testing...
  2. trk483

I am glad you are feeling somewhat better. :) I am not positive what tests she did in entirety for the CMV panel, however I know I had positive IGG & IGM. I haven't had any other testing done yet, I am supposed to go back for a full viral panel, mthfr testing, lyme testing and a scan of my...
  3. trk483

That is quite a list! I am happy to hear that you have found a combination that is working for you. :) I am hardly the expert on treating CMV, however I'm just trusting that my doctor knows what she is doing, as I had seen 50+ doctors prior who could not figure out what was wrong. I'm told the...
  4. trk483

I am so sorry you are experiencing these awful symptoms. I became diagnosed with CMV this past May and it has changed my body completely. I was bedridden for most of 2014 due to a near death colitis infection (my doctor thinks was caused by CMV) and have spent the past two years stagnant due to...