• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. andrew p

Lack of chatter about the Ketogenic Diet

i just want to add a plus one to recommending the pk diet. i did it after dr myhill told me it was the main thing i should try. i already take the usual supplements: ubiquinol, b12, magnesium, nac, etc. i'd been gluten and dairy free for about 18 months before. plus i was on valtrex - this...
  2. andrew p

JHP Editorial: Special Issue on the PACE Trial

The Times has picked up on the dissension behind the scenes at the JHP over this issue. https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/scientists-trade-insults-over-myalgic-encephalomyelitis-me-study-slk0cv5lj?shareToken=2b004df0f2db4a8278504746c5606a63
  3. andrew p

Valtrex: what should I expect?

not a problem. happy to help. someone else in the past gave me the same information. it a terrible condition to have with pretty much no help given by the nhs in the uk, so having a community that help each other is key :) just ensure that you have blood tests taken after you start taking it. i...
  4. andrew p

Valtrex: what should I expect?

hi there forget the part of the order process that states it wants you to upload the prescription. you don't need one. i get my valacyclovir from alldaychemist. without having been on valtrex itself i can't tell if there is a difference between the branded and generic forms. the manufacturer...
  5. andrew p

Questions for Dr Montoya

With regards to the Naviaux study, it's suggested that antivirals should not been taken as long term use can inhibit mitochondria. They don't mention valtrex or valctye. What are his views on potential damage to the mitochondria from use of valtrex or valctye. It would be awful to find that...