• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Chronic fatigue and masculinity

Without working, how do you both get by financially? And have you found any other ways of mitigating that loss of manliness?
  2. L

After a rip-roaring start, seems this thread has immediately shut down! In an effort to see if it's worth reviving - has anyone found effective ways of mitigating CFS' effect on sense of masculinitty? Someone mentioned mindfulness - any other successful approaches?
  3. L

Thanks for your replies everyone. For now I've changed the title to this thread - let's see if there's an appetite for ongoing discussion for this, and maybe it could be turned into a sticky thread if there's ongoing appetite (and if that kind of thing is done on this forum). For me personally...
  4. L

Hi all, Firstly, let me say that I don't mean this post to be at all negative or divisive. I have Postural Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), whose main symptom is chronic fatigue. I'm part of a POTS support group, but it's 95% women, and I find that one of the hardest things to deal with is the...