• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. A

Help Pls. - I want to prevent Low Blood Sugar from D-Ribose and other supplements.

Sorry , couldn't read the entire thread but I too have to eat almost every 2 hours to keep these symptoms away.But I did Glucose tolerance test at home and it is almost normal.So it's not hypoglycemia but it feels more like pre- syncope.As volume is already comprised, eating regularly keeps it...
  2. A

Narrowing of pulse pressure when standing, what is it called?

Hi. .this low pulse pressure is one of the types or mechanism of orthostatic intolerance. Please search for Dr Bell's article for OI which right now I'm unable to link here.But it gives really amazing description of OI.
  3. A

Question about POTs and Florinef

Generally florinef is prescribed in the morning for POTS and only sometimes in the evening as it may cause insomnia.Never heard 4 times daily..Btw what is the dosage?
  4. A

New, short POTS video from big name docs

Yes..in the past they were researching about neurocirculatory asthenia in 1940s which resembles to POTS.At least they should have recognised it as similar entity. I think doctors have completely forgot about it which was quite in thing during first world war.
  5. A

My Fludrocortisone & Potassium story

Finally found someone having same symptoms as me. I too have same anxiety issues with Fludrocortisone..but now I have concluded that it is due to side effect of florinef to enhance symptoms of sympathetic overactivity which is generally present in POTS.It definitely helps to stand for more time...
  6. A

Fludrocortisone and headaches

Ok..definitely worth a try!
  7. A

If you are taking fludrocortisone for POTS or OI, are you using beta blockers too ?This will sometimes reduce the headache.But still it is lots of trial and error.
  8. A

Fludrocortisone is a volume enhancer and it has some vasoconstrictive action also.It can also enhance sympathetic activity. I think it increases intracranial tention in few patients.May cause headache .That will not show up as raised BP.
  9. A

Cardiologist and Beta Blockers

Same here..I am almost always having heart rate above 90.But standing in one place has been the toughest part of disability.I'm diagnosed with inappropriate sinus tachycardia & POTS.I had always had tachycardia almost since 18 years but was never disabled .But since 3 years it's related to...
  10. A

POTS relief - could it be?

Hi Linda..Thanks for the prompt response.Regarding MCAS,I'm so sure about it that I didn't test.But I tested both supine and standing (for 15min.) catecholamine levels but it is really confusing as levels drop after standing.I wonder if it is reduced spill over of catecholamine.But I 've...
  11. A

POTS relief - could it be?

I'm too interested in this stuff as I have issues like MCAS n POTS. Bt is sympathetic overactivity causing MCAS or vice versa? Or some entirely different underlying condition?So many questions..
  12. A

Mixed Orthostatic Intolerance Syndrome?

Can it be actually reduced cerebral perfusion rather than BP or pulse?
  13. A

True ..difficult to say if it's due pulse or BP!! Just curious if u have tachycardia in all the postures? Because I have it at rest too.
  14. A

Did you have syncope like symptoms prior to this raised bp?
  15. A

Sorry ..didn't see your comment earlier.your doctors approach is quite justified. B blocker is usually first line of tt. If propranol doesn't work , U an try atenolol or other cardioselective b blocker. I also had pretty severe side effects frm propranol.it directly put me in presyncope n it was...
  16. A

Theoretically ivabradine is the best medicine to control only the heart rate.it works by different mechanism than b blockers. It is suggested for inappropriate sinus tachycardia.
  17. A

Hi all..my noradrenalin level standing was 76 pg and after active standing for 15 min., it was about 47 pg. Can somebody interprete it? My doctors have no clue. I 've postural tachycardia as well as hypertension.can it be hyperadnergic pots?
  18. A

Had been taking low dose atenolol..just 6.25 mg bt it works! But that too with florinef otherwise causes pre- syncope.