• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Joel1970

Cohypercoagulation

Yes sorry, I did a copy and paste and for some reason it added a second co in there.
  2. Joel1970

Cohypercoagulation

Has anyone been tested or disgnosed with this condition? It seems to address a lot of the symptoms of CFS and is somewhat difficult to test. They think it is present in people with CFS, Lymes disease, MS and Gulf War Syndrome as well as many other conditions...
  3. Joel1970

Chronic fatigue patients more likely to suppress emotions

I was never an over achiever in school but I always was at work and at sports. I did like to volunteer a lot and helping others brought me more satisfaction than helping myself. I think that's why I tend to have to suppress my emotions when at the doctors. When people tell you that you need to...
  4. Joel1970

The funny thing is that you are told for years and years that it's all in your head, that you need to snap out of it, that you are lazy, that there is nothing they can do because the disease doesn't exist; you basically go through everything in the book of Job either figuratively by losing your...
  5. Joel1970

Neuroinflammation in Patients with CFS/ME: PET study

Hey I get that too but have never heard it associated with CFS/ME. Have you ever had an MRI of the brain to see if there is anything unusual? I was thinking out asking for one. The bumps on my head I mean.
  6. Joel1970

What Types of Fatigue Do I Experience Poll

Tit for tat, it's all crap! Haha I like it.
  7. Joel1970

Yes I really feel like oxygen is huge.
  8. Joel1970

Wow this was 6 years ago but I am replying anyway just in case lol. This is one of my biggest complaints because people think I am annoyed. They always ask me what I am upset about when I do the big sigh thing because I feel like I am it getting any oxygen. In fact when I see shows where people...
  9. Joel1970

The Elevator Statement

Hi there, I just recently joined the group and I havent really got my bearings yet so please excuse me if this was already addressed in another thread. I was just curious if anyone has created an ME elevator statement or a succinct way of quickly responding to the question "So what is wrong...
  10. Joel1970

Yes but that isn't the type of stress they are referring to is it? They are referring to the psychological aspect of the body's reaction not the physiological aspect.
  11. Joel1970

I think that it is a sign that your body is experiencing duress not stress. Any time I push too hard I start sweating like crazy and don't stop until I stop completely rehydrate and sometime use ice packs.
  12. Joel1970

Professor & patients' paper on the solvable biological challenge of ME/CFS: reader-friendly version

As interesting as it is it really doesn't provide any concrete solutions or even a hope of such solutions. It is a lot of reading for not much reward.