• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. X

XMRV + by culture and negative by serology

No I am not sure! Your explanation is equally plausible. VIPDx gives both explainations on their website: http://www.vipdx.com/faqs/ . Here are direct quotes from them: "Certain immune dysfunctions may cause your immune system not to develop an antibody response to XMRV." and "Although...
  2. X

VIP Dx/WPI Serology (Antibody) Test Results

I just posted my vote, which was negative for serology. However I was positive 4 the culture test, which was done at the same time. I almost decided to just get the serology test since it is newer & cheaper, glad I didn't!
  3. X

XMRV + by culture and negative by serology

Count me in as another who is culture +, negative by serology. Marg, if a person is positive on one of the tests the person definately has XMRV. The culture test checks for the actual virus in the blood while the serology checks for the antibodies (our immune response) to the virus in the...
  4. X

XMRV Buzz - Take a Deep Breath/the Big XMRV Meeting, Singh On XMRV, Sample prep?

Your welcome. Oh that's scary 'bout the stove. Wait, do you mean literally "leashing yourself to the stove" :Retro eek: and not just figuratively meaning it by making sure you don't wonder off?
  5. X

XMRV Buzz - Take a Deep Breath/the Big XMRV Meeting, Singh On XMRV, Sample prep?

It's interesting to see how this disease effects our cognitive abilities a bit differently. For me I get a lot more brain fogged & also fatigued by outgoing information/communication than I do with incoming information/communication. Here is the order, from least brain foggy & least fatiguing...
  6. X

I have had to learn this kind of lesson the hard way! A couple of years ago I was going to soak some clothes in the laundry room sink. It takes about 5 minutes for the sink to fill with hot water; plenty of time to use the restroom, right? Well I did use the restroom within that 5 minute...
  7. X

Xenotropic MLV's can infect many mammals and also (wild) mice

I too have wondered if I made a previous dog of mine sick. I am XMRV+. A few years ago I had to put down my black lab, who was about 10 years old. It may have been old age, but he went downhill fast in about a six month period. It was like he had ME. His personality changed. He was easy...
  8. X

Dr. Jay Levy found no XMRV in my blood

Cort, I have recently tested positive w/ XMRV too. Like you, I did not have a specific flu onset. I was very functional for a long time too. My onset was very gradual. It has been a war of attrition for me & I am now moderately severe/ borderline severe & mostly housebound. Like you, I also...