• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

ANS rewiring

Hi @hopeful2 it's been a couple of months since you updated on this and I wondered how you're getting on? I'm thinking of trying the program too but am struggling to afford it so want to be sure!
  2. O

Bad reaction after dentist's visit 2 weeks ago, going again tomorrow. Anesthetic?

Okay, so I'm going to the dentist's again tomorrow and am very anxious and need to get that under control so that I can actually make myself go! Background: I've been ill for 7 years, moderately for the first 5 years, now severe for the last 2 and housebound other than occasional hospital...
  3. O

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

Is anyone else still taking this or thinking of doing so? I seem to be pretty sensitive to everything so I started on these slowly a few months ago, and then because my health was unstable I didn't increase much more just in case. Now increasing the dose again now that my health is more stable...
  4. O

Wanting to search for cause of inflammation after elevated ESR in blood test

Hi everyone! I am 27 and female and recently had my blood test show an ESR level of 27. This time last year it was 21. Because I am female it's my understanding that at my age my maximum ESR should be 14. I am in the UK and had a standard (?) blood est on the NHS, so I'm unsure of everything...
  5. O

Symptom management for moderate to severe symptoms (UK)

Oh wow thank you all for your replies so far! It's making me feel quite emotional. Only a short reply now because I'm exhausted and need to rest, but I was wondering what things are open to me whilst being housebound? I am both physically housebound but also agoraphobic (pre probably ME, though...
  6. O

Symptom management for moderate to severe symptoms (UK)

Hi everyone, This is my first post here. I've been lurking for a while so hopefully I won't make any huge blunders, but please let me know! Unfortunately my brain fog has meant trying to read longer pieces of information quite difficult for me. At this point I'm just trying to do anything that...