• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. phoenix76

intro and genetic testing 8-2015

I have some questions in mind but am not sure which way to go with all of this information. I was happy to read your notes and watch the youtube videos on MAO-A, -B, and COMT and see linkages. You had mentioned cofactors...I can find most but not all of my major mutations--iron, riboflavin...
  2. phoenix76

Thanks pogoman for reaching out to me earlier on ... I am catching up with my thanks you today! Where can I find such links? Take care.
  3. phoenix76

@ppodhajski---how's it going? I enjoyed watching the youtubes and seeing how MAO-A and -B work with COMT. What is next in the line up of information that you are willing to share? The student is here... Thanks again...and have a great evening.
  4. phoenix76

Thanks. I will check into it...along with all the other recommendations people have offered. I am not sure if this is a gut issue or not...or if supplementing with cofactors will help. I am willing to try things out but want to be as informed as possible. I will say this...Ayurveda's food...
  5. phoenix76

Very interesting posts...I am not sure what to say. I am wondering if this volley has occurred before in other threads between the two of you. I have studied enough research in my career area of psychological science. Have studied neuropsychology, memory, learning, etc. for over 15 years...
  6. phoenix76

also...on another note, what is the talk of methyl donors and certain gene mutations? I found what looks like a good resource for methyl donors on some of my value at http://www.knowyourgenetics.com/media/pdf/Simplified%20Protocol.pdf and this is what it shows as a cofactor for B12 (hydroxy...
  7. phoenix76

I enjoyed the videos but am still unclear about the alleles--which one is the fastest speed, slowest speed, recessive, etc. I see that there are A, C, G, T types. I keep finding other aspects of genes during searches. So I am not sure if things are this cut and dry for which types are fast vs...
  8. phoenix76

I am not sure I need less estrogen...it is the balance with progesterone. I took a few saliva tests over the past few years, which indicated that I am slightly estrogen dominant but my estrogen numbers were not really all that high either. Adrenals were a bit whacked out at night when on the...
  9. phoenix76

Hi There, This is what I have for the promethease report. I included a copy of exactly what is on it for my SNPs you listed above for yourself...hopefully this is what you wanted me to do and not look up my signature line values instead. What is the difference between the first and second...
  10. phoenix76

Great. I look forward to setting some time aside for this and seeing where I need to look on the promethease report. Off to work now... Have a wonderful afternoon!
  11. phoenix76

Thank you...I will see what comes out fixing things with cofactors. I have heard of neurotransmitters in the gut especially serotonin and how an imbalance can effect the gut but am not well versed on it. More things to research...I am glad I like research! I found this on dietary amines...
  12. phoenix76

That's great that you meditated for years. Do you still? It has helped me with emotional concerns--but in the midst of the medications issues, it can only do so much. And I understand it does not fix the overall health issues--just helps t ground and calm. The whole package of lifestyle you...
  13. phoenix76

Thanks to both @ppodhajski and @caledonia. Food for thought....I had been on Paxil years ago after birth control problems and had just gotten on thyroid meds a couple months before that---had a bad bout of mono, then after son was born Prozac for a few days then a switch to Zoloft for 8...
  14. phoenix76

Well here are my stats in my signature from genetic genie...not sure how to write in a different color though. There are many more of these gene mutations that I have not listed that came out of mthfr and now promethease. I attempted to look up a few genes in uniprot @ppodhajski --for example...
  15. phoenix76

Thank you ppodhajski for all the information provided--it is overwhelming but I am taking it one step at a time--and it will probably take a long time to learn all of this information and it seems worth it. I notice that some people have certain gene mutations in their signature line. How do...
  16. phoenix76

I would like to post information--but there are a lot of homozygotic and heterozygotic results. Which are most important to report? Would I benefit from uploading my MTHFR results? If so, how to I erase my personal details from the report before sending it out? @calendonia--what would you...
  17. phoenix76

Hi, I am new to the forums. I just recently received my results from 23andme.com, ran my results through genetic genie and now mthfrsupport, and am looking for a good guide on how to interpret all of these figures. I am sure that a lot of you have tremendous amounts of knowledge from each other...