• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Seeking ME doc/functional medicine doc in Israel, or London

Suzie, was wondering if you could share the info with me - I'm also seeking someone in Israel for testing. Thank you.
  2. M

Staph in Urine Culture - Was Given POISON Pills

Just came back from Urologist where I was supposed to undergo a cystoscopy, he looked at the results of a urine culture test I'd done in the ER last week, showed me the results - Staph hominis 100,000. He gave me Macrodantin which is absolutely the wrong thing ever to give to someone with my...
  3. M

Have You Had an EMG Test Done?

Anything to do to lessen pain before I go?
  4. M

Elevated - MCH, MCV, Calcium - Low Uric Acid, Low RBC

B12 deficiency was ruled out, there is some fatty liver disease, no medications. These numbers are ongoing now for a few years. The only thing that's changed are the RBC numbers and high Calcium. 10.1 is high, albeit normal. HCT was very low, it's increased over the last few months and seems to...
  5. M

How Were You DX'd With CFS or ME?

Excuse my ignorance because I'm still learning, but how does low blood volume show up on the CBC or other panels and which?
  6. M

How Were You DX'd With CFS or ME?

What types of tests were done and which type of doctor did the diagnosis?
  7. M

Elevated - MCH, MCV, Calcium - Low Uric Acid, Low RBC

Hi, After being in excruciating pain on my left arm/shoulder I did a bone scan which showed an inflammatory process from head to toe. That or dystrophy. They couldn't decide. The doctor also couldn't give me straight answer. This has been the story for a year and counting. Background - Spinal...