• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Anyone with Bell's Palsy around time of CFS onset?

I developed dramatic symptom onset of CFS when I developed Bell's Palsy in 1997 and have been in bad shape since then. I have seen some folks with BP discuss fatigue but haven't noticed anyone reporting this as a chronic sequela. I found it interesting that some HIV patients apparently...
  2. B

What's your experience with tonsillectomy and surgery-anasthetics?

Had tonsils out several years ago. No big problems with surgery really or anesthesia. The most miserable thing for me was taking pain medications afterwards which fogged me more. I live in the nebulous world between awake and asleep and not being able to work or "have" to do things makes me...
  3. B

Subscription to Dr. Cheney's Newsletter

I have respect for Dr. Cheney. He is a bright guy and has been one of the rare phsicians trying to take a scientific rather than just a psych approach. I was a former patient of his and did not continue because I thought his fees were ridiculous. He would give you a lecture of moleculer...