• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. piccirilli

CBD oil and headaches

I can't tolerate CBD at all. It makes me nauseated and sick, creating the very symptoms many people take it to eleviate same symptoms. If your getting a reaction, just like anything else we do here as an experiment, listen to your body and stop taking it. Our body oftentimes knows better than...
  2. piccirilli

Does anyone have any suggestions for nasal congestion & runniness?

Some great ideas here, and a few more I can add via my experience, being a chronic sufferer of sinus disease most of my life. I know this thread was started for general sinus drip and inflammation. But since the discussion is about sinuses, I'd like to contribute. After seeing countless...
  3. piccirilli

Sinusitis Misery: Mast Cell Madness???

Pine/Balsam needle oil is definitely a good one if you had to limit your selection. However adding others maybe more effective, along with breathing it into sinus as a mist, which will penetrate far deeper than swabbing entrance nasal cavity. Also, I highly recommend the book released earlier...
  4. piccirilli

I have also used some of these oils in the past, but had limited success. One of my older posts explains how I orally administered large doses of these oils. This worked for a brief time, then stopped working. But it did prove how the gut has an influencing factor on sinus health. Note: This...
  5. piccirilli

I was planning on starting a new thread for sinus treatment, but ran across this excellent thread. I have been working on a treatment for sinus infections, because everything mentioned here and elsewhere does not work for me. I've been living with sinus infections for decades and RX is no...
  6. piccirilli

Chronic Sinus infection and eye irritation. I need advice.

I have been dealing with sinus issues most of my life, so some of what I say may help. First and foremost, most sinus issues are caused by gut issues. Whatever you do for your sinuses as temporary measures, you'll eventually have to address this. In fact, IMHO the sinuses are part of the GI...
  7. piccirilli

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

Any luck finding a source available in the US? I would like to try this too.
  8. piccirilli

Clostridium Butyricum - A Game Changer?

The garden metaphor hits the nail on the head! Thank you Basilico and South, for bringing this up. IMHO, this is central to creating a personal road map in healing gut disbyosis. This crucial step defines what treatment approach to take. And there are many different camps here as to the...
  9. piccirilli

The Resistant Starch Challenge: Is It The Key We've Been Looking For?

Plenty of people here mentioned self administered coffee enemas. Using same borrowed technique instead with probiotics dissolved in water. The question remains, is it more effective and worth the extra trouble? Only one person on the Miyarisan thread mentioned doing this, commenting the extra...
  10. piccirilli

Still waiting on my results from uBiome. However the results from my OATS urine test was not good. Very high clostridia (HPHPA) and fungal markers are still prevelant, even after months of taking strong dosages of antimicrobials/antifungals. Great Plains Lab recommended taking antibiotic...
  11. piccirilli

Sidereal, you have much to offer here and your comments have been very helpful to my own recovery. I hope you remain here.
  12. piccirilli

I deal with long history of IBS-D and chronic fungal sinusitus. The sinusitus piece is no longer been an issue, after following a candida protocol months ago. All previous sinus treatments were unsuccessful, and that list is very long. Note the key here was treating gut, not sinus. Here's...
  13. piccirilli

I started taking this week, AOR3 + Prescript Assist + S Boulardii twice daily. Compared to last week, my physical and cognitive symptoms improved by approximately 60-70%. I'm not drawing any conclusions here as this could be coincidental timing with an up cycle of my condition. Meaning, I could...
  14. piccirilli

Thanks alicec for stepping in to clarify. Yes, the restriction comes from individual state regulations for US residents only. Perhaps worth mentioning is Genova Labs for international customers which also has excellent reputation. Unfortunately Genova does not offer self service program (for...
  15. piccirilli

Yes, the restriction is for US residents and varies depending on the state regulation. Thanks alicec for clarifying this to the many international readers here. Just an FYI unlike GPL, Genova Labs does not offer a similar program for direct patient testing to US customers, but again they may be...
  16. piccirilli

As mentioned previously in this thread, there are a few lab breath analysis, specific for testing SIBO. I inquired about self testing at the Great Plains Laboratory. This is a very reputable lab which many physicians use. They do have a 'program' where an individual can order some but not...
  17. piccirilli

Discovery on microbiome bacteria that decrease inflammation and regulate immune response

Expansion on this topic and related research found here: https://www.gdx.net/livegdx//human-gut-microbiome I'm still trying to wrap my head around this info... Be sure to listen to the Q&A at end, although entire audio/ power point is excellent.
  18. piccirilli

Here is a link to an excellent discussion on The Human Microbiome of the gut. This one hour long audio/power point presentation is very informative, with a good Q&A. https://www.gdx.net/livegdx//human-gut-microbiome
  19. piccirilli

This is worth mentioning again, given the broad scope and popularity of this thread. Taking Resistant Starches and fibers will not improve, but can greatly exacerbate SIBO. For review, or those who are new on this thread, something to keep in mind. Note the following is an excerpt by a well...
  20. piccirilli

Sanum Therapy : Homeopathy to reduce Candida and Fungi

ahmo, this brings to mind something which triggers the worst symptoms of my systemic fungal/mold issue. When the barometric pressure drops (typically before it rains), I get severe cognitive dysfunction, depression, dull headaches, sleepiness, and fatigue. In worst cases of large storm...
  21. piccirilli

Comment by 'piccirilli' in 'Candida Campaign: The Answer to my Ammonia Quest?'

Great info. I am curious if you are still taking the Doctors "Best Digestive Enzymes"? My understanding for enzymes to be most effective biofilm disruption, they should be taken on empty stomach, instead of digesting food. This particular blend gave me bad cramps- only on empty stomach. Most...
  22. piccirilli

Sanum Therapy : Homeopathy to reduce Candida and Fungi

I am interested in trying out these Sanum products as a 'plan B'. I am saying this with an open mind here, given that Homeopathy administered both professionally and personally in the past, has never worked for me. In another month or so, I will have outlived the safe window for treating...
  23. piccirilli

@jepps, thank you kindly for the great advice. I've decided to stick with the herbs and see them through to the end, perhaps another month or two before trying Sanum. Not to say the herbs aren't doing anything. In fact I am stepping up my effort with anti-fungal herbs in a huge way, with a...
  24. piccirilli

Can anyone tell me here, would the Sanum Therapy work synergistically with a herbal/pro-biotic based anti-fungal therapy? Or would these conflict?
  25. piccirilli

Nice reference book, definitely worth the $8 purchase on Amazon.
  26. piccirilli

I just started taking the RS & Fibers a month ago. My condition existed way before there was even talk about RS, so it's certainly not the cause. I took rx antibiotics for decades to combat constant sinus infections, until the point they did absolutely nothing for infection. Today, there is...
  27. piccirilli

Yes, I'm also taking plantain flour, Inulin, AG, and just ordered some other fibers. I'm definitely going the long route on this RS + fibers + pro-biotics. If for nothing else to provide support for various pro-biotics I'm taking now and near future.
  28. piccirilli

For biofilm enzymes, I take 80,000 SPU Serrapeptase, 1,000mg Bomelain, and 1 cap Interfase Plus (when tolerable) on an empty stomach. I take this each morning upon waking up. For herbal anti-fungal/mold, I take a serious dose of the following typically an hour after the enzymes: Pure (meaning...
  29. piccirilli

This is really good information. I am continually humbled by such good logical advise. However, unlike this safer and more reasonable approach, I am intending to rock the boat. Why? Because my fungal infection has done plenty of long term damage and harm, reducing quality of life. As such, my...