• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. M

Candida & Biofilms - Theory & Protocol

Hmm. I was never tested but assumed I had Candida overgrowth due to oral thrush, brain fog, fatigue and some digestive issues (itchy... ending) but some of those can be due to my sleep apnea. I just finished taking a bottle of Candex - 3 capsules per day empty stomach. I didnt notice much of...
  2. M

Appreciate the detail. Which Culterelle product do you take specifically? Amazon link? And how do you take it? With Candex? Or does it need to be taken away from Candex?
  3. M

Maybe I missed it but what is the recommended course for Candex? Taken indefinitely?
  4. M

What Fixed/Aided Your Brain Fog?

And what made you come to the conclusion mold was a problem? When you say mold, is it exposure to moldy areas or mold in the body?
  5. M

T1AM decreases thyroid production without effect on HPT

When you mention your T3 increasing after taking Prozac, was that Free T3 or Total T3? Just putting it out there, prior to starting Prozac I would find myself randomly crying on my drive to work. The following morning after taking 20mg at night, I was totally fine. Could have been placebo but I...
  6. M

T4 at night and T3 in the morning is gaining popularity. Study floating around I cant find but apparently very beneficial.
  7. M

Probably have mentioned it before but how do you know you have a viral infection?
  8. M

Thyroid hormons T4/T3, someone else taking it for CFS/ME?

I started a new brand of T3 yesterday so we'll see how this goes...
  9. M

Hmm, I'm a little skeptical but what do I know lol
  10. M

Maybe quickly dump them into oil? I've never heard that before (the oxidation). I mean at compounding pharmacies aren't these powders exposed to oxygen while they're being put into caps?
  11. M

Have you tired splitting your doses?
  12. M

I'm not familiar with viral issues but is there an antiviral you can take while taking the cortisone?
  13. M

T4 half life is so long I can't imagine... At the 18 hour mark what happens?
  14. M

Do you notice specific benefits from each glandular in particular? If so could you expand? My adrenal issues stem from thyroid (low T3, high rt3) but have had to go the underground route with T3 as my insurance has gotten extremely expensive. I think I need to find a new source of T3. I don't...
  15. M

Cortisol works to help deliver T3 to the receptors from what I understand. Without sufficient cortisol the T3 wont work as effectively as it should. Also, that's why I was stressing getting a diurnal cortisol kit completed. I was concluding that the T3 you were taking was "using up" all of your...
  16. M

ADRENALS ADRENALS ADRENALS I cant stress that enough. Thyroid and adrenals work in concert. I could reasonably theorize that the T3 you take (which peaks after about an hour on empty stomach) would work with what cortisol you have BUT end up using it all up, resulting in your fatigue later...
  17. M

Adrenal cortex glandulars

I know nothing about muscle testing... Are you saying the chiro was able to tell it was helping after giving you a look over or YOU could tell it was helping?
  18. M

I ended up ordering this one: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00RY2F9KS
  19. M

Just heard back... "This product does contain the whole adrenal and adrenal PMG. There are no added hormones but there certainly can contain naturally occurring which could be in all animal glands, especially the adrenals."
  20. M

Gotcha, I may give it a try. FYI in the amazon reviews a few people said there were no adrenal hormones. I may contact the company and ask
  21. M

In thread below @Mary mentioned she has been taking "Drenamin by Standard Process" http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/thyroid-hormons-t4-t3-someone-else-taking-it-for-cfs-me.57198/page-4#post-952124
  22. M

And you're not worried about that further taxing your adrenals?
  23. M

I wake up during that time frame just about every single night. :bang-head: I can't view the video for some reason. Does he list recommendations?
  24. M

Which glandular? Do you know if the adrenal hormones are removed?
  25. M

Ah, for some reason I thought you were still taking T4. But yeah, if so I would discontinue T4. What is your mito cocktail?
  26. M

I meant the T3 isn't helping much.... Addressing WHY you have high RT3 should be your main goal at this point. Again it sounds like you have adrenal issues and I would HIGHLY recommend a diurnal cortisol kit. -Taking T4 will only exacerbate problems if you have RT3 problems. -T4 will convert to...
  27. M

If you're RT3 is that high it's no wonder T3 isn't helping much... Could be a tricky balancing act though. You need more T3 to suppress TSH and T4 production EDIT: I still think I diurnal cortisol kit would be wise to take though
  28. M

Well... I just ordered the following so we'll see if any help Quercetin Yucca Alpha GPC Micronized DHEA RS (Bobs Red Mill Unmodified potato starch)
  29. M

After talking about that timing issue, this sounds more like an adrenal issue than a thyroid issue. Have you had a diurnal cortisol kit done relatively recently?
  30. M

I agree with stimulant usage. Of all the supplements you listed none should cause a "tolerance" to develop. A carb, healthy fats and an amino acid... Those are all supplements that even healthy people take and say good things about. Maybe they helped you feel better and you accidentally over...