• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. S

which version

I am struggling with this as well, I am in 'limbo' as to whether I even have cfs. However, there are very few alternatives that fit this deliberating fatigue. I think I don't have actual PEM or it is relatively mild that I don't notify it as such. However, MitoDiseases, especially adult onset...
  2. S

Washington Post: " Dangerous unproven treatments for ‘chronic Lyme disease’ are on the rise"

Thing is, most of these cases have no formal Lyme diagnoses, but diagnosis is made via obscure tests that are not validated. IMO it would be better if people would acknowledge that because of this, Lyme etc. is not necessarily the right diagnosis and people should not limit themselves to Lyme...
  3. S

Washington Post: " Dangerous unproven treatments for ‘chronic Lyme disease’ are on the rise"

Thing is, there are no proven, accepted tests that can show that Lyme is the underlying problem, let alone that the Lyme treatments work. I have followed a lot of 'Lyme blogs' over a couple of years, but can't find a significant benefit from these treatments in any of them. Some get a bit...
  4. S

Potential biomedical cures and hope

Yes, definitely more hope, but it's a marathon. But as they say, we overestimate what we achieve in 2 years, but we underestimate what is achieved in 10. It will be a different world by then.
  5. S

Advice on How to Get Rehabilitated/ Get a New Life on Improving?

Dear hopes and sparkles, Exciting times, a life you probably had not expected anymore. I can imagine the anxiety also, however, I can assure you this will fade away. The memory is build in a way that it can forget the 'bad things' to an extend and I am sure this Will be the case for you as...