• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. flsun13

Can any Nova patients tell me what to expect?

Thank you for replying so quickly! It really makes a difference to have such a wonderful community. I am thrilled to hear that you have improved under their care. Actually, I think that I might have strep throat since Tuesday. If I can get the way I was a couple months ago, I would be...
  2. flsun13

Can any Nova patients tell me what to expect?

Hi there. I live in Central Florida. I have been on a waiting list for the past two years to become a patient of Nova. Surprising I received a call last April, and I was able to schedule an appointment for next Tuesday. I was a patient of Doctor Lerner (I had to travel to Michigan to see him)...
  3. flsun13

How long before I start to see improvment on Valtrex?

Hi Basilico, I also live in Central Florida, Lakeland. To be honest. When I first started on valtrex, I improved enormously, that was when I was under Dr. Lerner's care (I was travelling back and forth from Detroit). My CMV levels did increase while I was on Valtrex, and Dr. Lerner was going to...
  4. flsun13

How long before I start to see improvment on Valtrex?

I have been on Valtrex for a while under Dr Dantini, but he won't do Valcyte. Which OLE brand do you get? how much do you take? I was a patient of Doc Lerner, we were going to start on Valcyte, but he passed away, so I have only done Valtrex for about 2 year. It did help enormously for EBV...
  5. flsun13

Please help me find a doctor in Florida or the East Coast.

I have an appointment with Dantini latter this month. I will keep you informed on his treatment.
  6. flsun13

Thank you so much for replying to my post. I have found several doctors in Florida, but believe me if I don't like any of them, I will be making an appointment with doctor Black. Charlotte is certainly closer and more convenient for me than going to Michigan to see doctor Lerner. Thank you :-)
  7. flsun13

I wanted to personally thank you for replying to my post. I called Dr Dan Dantini and was able to get an appointment. Thank you so much =)
  8. flsun13

In Memory of Dr. A. Martin Lerner

I spoke earlier today with the people of his practice, and he worked until the day that he died. Previously that day he was checking patient files. He truly cared about his patients. Even with cancer he kept seeing his patients because he knew that they needed him. What a great doc. I have been...
  9. flsun13

Hello, I live in Florida and was a patient of Doctor Lerner (I was devastated when he passed away). I was on Valtrex (which helped me a lot) and we were about to begin Lyme treatment. I really would appreciate if anyone knows of a doctor in Florida, the South, or in the East coast who...
  10. flsun13

In Memory of Dr. A. Martin Lerner

I saw him Thursday, and he seemed great. Back to his old self. Heard of the news yesterday, and I was devastated. May he rest in peace. He was the best doctor that I have ever had. The staff does not think that anyone will take over the practice. So sad.