• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. VertigoFlyer

Applying for Social Security Disability (SSI/SSDI)

Oh my what a new day can bring! I was awakened this morning by my iPhone which got a text message. I have my bank account set up so it will send me text messages when any activity occurs in the account. So with my eyes still not really focusing I see a um "large deposit" has occurred! The rest...
  2. VertigoFlyer

Yeah I already set up an account on the SS website. I am not seeing the monthly's on there yet. I do see that I am on Medicare now. I was on Medicaid. But my Medicare card with my member number has yet to arrive, so I have to do some more waiting for that too... Tick tock tick tock... I will...
  3. VertigoFlyer

The SSDI plot thickens. We got a back pay check. But it was for only 10% of what we are supposed to get. My attorney has never seen this before. It's freaking out my wife. My attorney says we need to be patient and wait for the "Notice of Award" letter. My attorney says it could be weeks or...
  4. VertigoFlyer

We got an email last Friday from our attorney and my claim has been APPROVED!! This process is evil! It takes way too long! It's needlessly burdened by time consuming useless layers of bureaucracy. The only saving grace is the dedicated hard working attorneys who represent us. I am massively...
  5. VertigoFlyer

Introduction

Hi folks, My name is Rick Lamb. I live in Snoqualmie WA and I have had ME/CFS for 10 years. I started getting sick in 2006 and wasn't diagnosed until 2014. After seeing far too many doctors in the Seattle area we went to the Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale AZ. After three weeks of exhausting testing...
  6. VertigoFlyer

Greetings from Balmy Snoqualmie WA

Hi folks, I'm a fellow struggling ME/CFS patient of 10 years. I live in Snoqualmie WA and am active in the Seattle ME/CFS community. Our community has been using a Yahoo group and a Facebook group to talk all things ME/CFS. We want to move away from the Yahoo group and the Groups on Phoenix...
  7. VertigoFlyer

Yeah I know, I worked for the gubment both at the Federal and State level. It's all the same.... What drives me to frustration is seeing others, many others getting a decision at 6 weeks or so. And here I sit feeling sorry for my silly self. But not without REAL reasons...
  8. VertigoFlyer

I have a diagnosis courtesy of The Mayo Clinic back in 2014. That was a huge help with SSDI of course. But that then begs the question why oh why is this dragging out so long......??!!
  9. VertigoFlyer

The rage I feel about this EVIL disease is fueled in part by how it financially decimates patients. I "was" a very successful IT Systems Administrator with not a care in the world. Life was "perfect". We had enough money to retire and be happy. That's close to gone. Having gone seven years...
  10. VertigoFlyer

Well in talking to my attorney it appears that the Seattle SS office is understaffed which is why my claim is taking its slow sweet time. I just checked the SS website and it still says awaiting the judge's determination....... My hearing was on November 1st 2016...... Our financial resources...
  11. VertigoFlyer

Thank You for sharing that, it really does help. I feel so helpless as I do the seemingly never ending wait....
  12. VertigoFlyer

It's been 10 weeks since my hearing and no news yet. That's 2 weeks past the 4-8 weeks the judge mentioned. It always takes longer... Patience is so hard with this since so much is riding on an approval.
  13. VertigoFlyer

My Gastro Malaise

I did a tilt-table test - twice. Both came back inconclusive... I do sometimes crash right into bed after going to the bathroom.
  14. VertigoFlyer

I just had my SSDI hearing last week and it went really well. I have a somewhat unusual case in that I have major issues with my gastrointestinal system stemming from a colon resection that was done in 2007. You can find out more about that here...
  15. VertigoFlyer

My Gastro Malaise

These are certainly interesting, and the second one I've seen before, it isn't exactly how my issue works. Mine happens after either urinating or defecating, randomly. I've tried the foot stool and squatting things. I've tried altering my diet, and I do take fibre daily and of course that helps...
  16. VertigoFlyer

My Gastro Malaise

Hi folks, I am a 56 year old ME patient of some 12 years. It started manifesting during a period of my life when I was having repeated severe issues with diverticulitis. This went on for 3 years of multiple visits to the ER in severe pain with severe gastro upset and a high fever. I would get...