• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. L

Dr Jemsek and Alan MacDonald speaking at London conference - May 15th

My husband and I are here in Washington DC currently to see Dr. Jemsek. It is our second face to face visit (with 2 phone consults) in the past 10 months. We live in Scotland. As many of you may know from previous posts, my husband was diagnosed with CFS/ME by the NHS and received no treatment...
  2. L

Would strong antibiotics relieve CFS or M.E symptoms?

Please forgive me if I throw too much unsolicited info at you all. Some of you may know my husband's story at this point. My husband was diagnosed with CFS from the NHS. He lived with the CFS diagnosis and received no help except for pain and sleep for one year until I asked for a 2nd Lyme test...
  3. L

Would strong antibiotics relieve CFS or M.E symptoms?

My husband just had a tooth pulled and was given antibiotics due to infection (his cheek swelled up like a chipmunk's). Anyway, he has felt completely normal (the old healthy normal) the last 2 days. I've read a little about the fact that some ME docs prescribe antibiotics for very long periods...
  4. L

julia newton newcastle

I look forward to hearing what you think!
  5. L

julia newton newcastle

The doc is just our GP which means he is pretty much impotent. When he looks to see what he's "allowed" to do (remember he's working for the government, not the patient) he sees a big blank. He can help with sleep and pain (and has) and that is pretty much it. Everything else must be done by a...
  6. L

julia newton newcastle

I know the question has been asked before but I am new to the group. Can anyone please help me qualify the care received in Newcastle by this prof and her staff? Does good research = good clinical care? My husband and I live in Scotland but are American. (My husband is a Glaswegian with a US...