• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. J

My recovery story, in case anyone is interested

I just thought I would update everyone on my situation. Firstly I made a website www.recoverfromchronicfatigue.com - I just put everything down in a written down encase people can not watch videos. Someone notified me that it will not show up in google because I made the website with pictures...
  2. J

same here. I felt awful after my BGC jab. after every other jab i didn't feel any different. after BGC I felt very strange and like you said.. i felt very weak and sick. My dad also had glandular fever so maybe there was a suspect-ability to it for me. Oh yeah, and they no longer do the BGC...
  3. J

I would just like to clarify. I do not believe you can cure yourself with just a psychology aspect... but yes I said it wrong when I said that most people deny a psychological aspect to their illness. It's just something I did then. I think it is completely the wrong way around to be ill and...
  4. J

@Maria1 I was in denial for years about there every being any sort of psychological part to my illness. What changed my mind was realizing that it would not hurt me to try. But of course like I've said many times, people are waiting for this 'one treatment' to cure them and it is not ever going...
  5. J

@leokitten I didn't have to work. But I didn't have a life free of stressors at all... my parents got divorced then I lived with my mum alone, then she developed schizophrenia over the years to the point that she believed i was working with the CIA. I used to hear her talking to her self during...
  6. J

Leo I understand your frustration, but what other choice do we have? The medical establishment couldn't care less about CFS/ME. It's sad but true. Leo when you say you have a great diet, please do not do what I did and just compare your diet to the average person. It's what kept me from...
  7. J

Did Vitamins ever help you get better? (orthomolecular treatment)

@amaru7 can I ask what you changed in your diet and for how long?
  8. J

personally I think if you are benefiting from vitamins, it's like putting plasters on the holes of a sinking ship. It isn't going to fix CFS. Supplements may give you a false sense of improvement and may lead your condition to worsen like Misfit Toy has mentioned from her own story.
  9. J

totally agree with Brenda. I wasted so much god damn money on supplements when I was desperate($100-50+ p/month). Remember, it's not always what your missing but something you're already doing that is causing problems. Like brenda said, you can't expect anything from popping some vitamin pills...
  10. J

possibly correct, Mij. I remember my grandma and generations before always stating that a diet of vegetables root vegetables (in season fruits) and fish was the healthiest diet. but incidents like fukushima and the overall polution of the sea now makes me wonder if that is true in this day and age.
  11. J

I stated no oils because I believe they're a unhealthful food. not that 'fat' is unhealthy. I believe wholefoods is the best way to get your fats. when I used to saute onions in olive oil or simply adding olive oil dressing to my dishes I was noticeably more spotty. Since not eating any oils...
  12. J

I thought we were talking about oils. I didn't say No fat. If I follow this advice my skin will look awful and I will be sluggish, i'll skip the oil and stick to whole foods.
  13. J

we will have to agree to disagree. The idea that before oils were produced peoples brains didnt function properly doesn't make any sense to me. I feel much better without them, personally.
  14. J

because they make my skin worse and make me feel worse. Also I don't see how oils are healthful at all.
  15. J

No animal products (Although I can't say it would effect my progress, I just choose not to) No dairy (I believe it's the most important thing to cut out when chronically ill) No Gluten( I plan to add this back at some point, however I'm not risking anything for now) No Oils No Soy (Although I...
  16. J

thanks for the link to that thread MiSci, I'm going to try that for sure. I did have light sensitivity, and my coordination wasn't as good ( I often bumped into stuff, or just flat out dropped things.. just a very clumsy feeling) but I wouldn't say it was awful. I used to black out my room...
  17. J

@MeSci to be honest I really didn't know what to call it. I had symptoms of POTS/Fibromyalgia too. I didn't just have chronic fatigue, I had a whole list of problems that were not your standard CFS. I would feel incredibly weak and my vision would blank out if I had to hold anything above my...
  18. J

I no longer have the treatment(had no way to get there after certain events) and found various ways to do it myself. One example is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/2kzaix/the_foam_roller_is_an_awesome_selfmassage_tool/ Also look at trigger points in google images and get a tennis...
  19. J

I'm not sure the neck 'clicking' did much for me. like pheonix below, she was very good at feeling for tense spots and massaging them and it was beneficial to me. I would like to repeat that I have never once claimed that a chiropractor cured me or any therapy for that matter. I also wouldn't...
  20. J

this! exactly this. @Snowdrop I did the same as you 2yrs ago and was cutting out a single food group at a time, I expected some great result from a single change and when I did not recieve it I added the food back in. If you want to see any change as diet is concerned you have to make big...
  21. J

I just made a video to clarify this just to let people know if my advice is for them or not. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM-sTCzs4dmwGkyfeFdWVPg/videos @LifeIsSweet Yeah, I'm just showing what worked for me and if you're in a similar position to me.. maybe it can work for you? It's not...
  22. J

@Tammy I hope so!! Justy's situation had me thinking last night and I realized i never really stated it here and that is I had a house to my self whilst I followed my recovery routine. I didn't have to face any drama of any kind (in regards to my mum even though it was in the back of my mind). I...
  23. J

@aquariusgirl ok you've terrified me. But I feel fine now? maybe I do just have high b12? I had never taken b12 supplements/shots before when I had my b12 test. If i feel fine and i am in remission should I be worried? thanks also I'm no longer depressed either
  24. J

I would just like to clarify that I do not believe a restrictive diet is the cure for CFS. I believe it is just the foundation to build upon toward recovery. @Misfit Toy that's awful, I actually said earlier in this thread about urging people to be careful when seeking a dentist to remove...
  25. J

@allyann I've had dreams of having a child of my own and in those dreams i amsick with worry. I can't imagen how it is for you. Defiantly don't limit your calories is all I can think of, sorry ! good luck :)
  26. J

I hope things work out for you justy, you have alot of your plate despite having cfs. good luck
  27. J

I can relate so much to your startle reflex.. I was like a scared mouse for years. Yeah justy, I took onboard what people have said about not pushing it(xrunner, snowleopard etc) and I've decided to replace the running with just walking. But I will keep the weight lifting in, I want to lose...
  28. J

I just wanted to add something else that I do not want to talk about in my videos incase my mother ever watched them and that is during my parents divorce in 2010 my mum later developed a mental illness(2012~). If she I ever saw me write this she would kick me out, hence the reason why I wont be...
  29. J

I understand your frustrations Justy, CFS is unfair. When you have kids with something like CFS that makes it even more difficult, you have them to worry about aswell. I know my advice is very difficult, and i understand your point of view entirely. One thing i would like to say is in regards to...
  30. J

thanks snowleopard/xrunner and marco that's true Vic, I mean everything. every thing i did played a role in recovery. The only reason I'm feeling good is because i changed everything, if i had only do a few things I wouldnt be better. If i had kept trying to recover like I did 2-3-4-5 years ago...