• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. D

NutraHacker and Genetic Genie report different result.

This confuses me big time.Why some of the SNP's have different results on GG and NH reports. BMHT08 is opposite -/- and +/+ VDR is not existent on NH report CYP2D6 is +/- AG and +/+ GG Reports attached
  2. D

New, Inexpensive CBS Ammonia Fix

OKG is a combination of the amino acid ornithine and alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG) which is a precursor of the amino acid Glutamine and also a contributor to the Krebs cycle responsible for breaking down carbohydrates into energy in the body. It regulates L-Glutamine levels which is an essential...
  3. D

Any info on AKA or OKG helping with ammonia.It makes some sense in my opinion.Maybe it's time for another trial and error. alpha ketoglutaric acid /ornithine alpha-ketoglutarate
  4. D

Interesting ...... I can't take any B6 due to the severe reaction and my gut feeling tells me its something to do with my ammonia load.Also, sunlight makes me tired so there is a connection here.