• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. Autumn

Malic acid

I'm on week 3 of using malic acid. Week 1: 600 mg at breakfast Week 2: 1200 mg at breakfast I kind of feel awful but don't know if it has anything to do with the malic acid. In week one I sort of had more energy, a rather nervous energy. My sleep's been worse. And instead of less pain, I have...
  2. Autumn

Malic acid

Yes, I'm kind of worried about the effect on sleep as my sleep isn't great as it is. I'll just start of with 1 tablet (600mg) in the morning and see how I go. What dosage were you on?
  3. Autumn

Malic acid

Thanks for the link @ahmo , I will try and read up on it. Seems complicated though ;-) Other experiences? Anyone? Thanks, Autumn
  4. Autumn

Malic acid

I think a lot of people take it as a combo with magnesium, as magnesium malate. Someone suggest I just try a malic acid supplement. As she has fibro and thought it worked for her. Lessened a lot of her pain and fatigue symptoms Autumn
  5. Autumn

Malic acid

Hey, Is anyone taking malic acid? What are your experiences with it? What dosage are you on? Thanks, Autumn