• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Please help me understand these 23andme results

Have a question on my detox profile. I already found out that being homo for CYP1A2 means I'm probably a really slow caffeine metabolizer. Good thing I gave that up a while back. But my question is being hetero for two of the CYP2D6 enzymes. Does that classify as a poor metabolizer or does it...
  2. B

So I ran my report thru sterling Hill's app and came back with a few more results than running thru genetic genie. On the genetic genie report all three of my COMT results came back -/-. On the sterling hill report there is an extra result simply called "COMT" and I'm +/+ for that. Any...
  3. B

23andme/Genetic Genie results

Thanks for the explanation! And that sucks.....
  4. B

23andme/Genetic Genie results

Very off topic, but I've noticed some people have more results in methylation reports than most others. For example I see Dmholmes actually has results for MTRR R415ST and SHMT1 C142OT, while Gloria above doesnt. Neither do I. It just says N/A. Is it because the DNA sample wasnt good enough and...
  5. B

So could you say if someone is Homozygous CBS C699T and Hetero or Homo MTHFR C677T that the CBS defect could actually be counteracting the high homocysteine levels that C677T can cause? I guess I'm asking should I still be taking folate and B12 with the CBS defect possibly already driving down...
  6. B

Critterina thanks for your reply. Any thoughts on the homozygous CBS 699T result? I've done a little reading and I'm just confused. Some say this is just terrible and others make it out to be like it's not that big of a deal. From what I've read most folks who have this usually have high sulfate...
  7. B

Hi all, I recently got my 23andme results back and have a few questions. I understand I am heterozygous for MTHFR C677T which means I probably need to supplement with methylfolate, which I already do. I currently take 800mcg of methylfolate, 5000mcg of methylb12, and 50 mg of B6. As well as...