• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. B

Ear Issues? Related to POTS?

I always worry the last doctor on my list will be the one that helps me get better.
  2. B

I actually do have that also the doctor is going to try and treat the one in the ear I am having surgery in first and then the other ear if its treatable. I have horrible anxiety and depression at this point. Did you have tachycardia?
  3. B

Both ENTs said they do not think so but they of course would not say for sure either way. I was just thinking since my heart rate increase when sitting and standing that it could be a balance problem. I really would like an actually answer to why the heart rate issue is happening and the ear...
  4. B

The Cardiologist said it was ok for me to stop taking both, my increase in symptoms started before I stopped taking both meds. I was only on a very low does of the beta blocker anyway because it would make my heart rate go to low when I was sleeping. The doctor said the dose was really too low...
  5. B

So I having been dealing with POTS since December. Nothing seems to help. I have tried fluids, salt, compression socks, beta blocker, florinef with no change in symptoms. I was feeling so out of it mentally I stopped taking the beta blocker and florinef. I also have a lot more issues besides...
  6. B

Has anyone experience mental issues with taking florinef?

how long did it take for you to taper off? an notice a difference?
  7. B

This is exactly the reason I hate doctors. The psychiatrist I saw recently is the one that brought up the side effect of florinef not the 10 or more doctors I have mentioned my issues too. I also always have head pressure that is always constant when I am upright. Did anyone experience that as...
  8. B

I really do not care for it either nothing really seems to be working. I am ready to be off both. I rather just go back to the heart issues and have my head and emotions back to normal.
  9. B

No one has really monitored my sodium or potassium. However for two months florinef was the only med I was on and I drank 3 liters of gatorade a day plus lots of sodium and wore compression socks. My heart rate never changed in those two months. I am pretty sure low blood volume was never my...
  10. B

I have been having lots of mental issues lately. Extreme fear of death, anxiety, depression and always feel confused. I learned today that these can all be side effects of florinef. Has anyone else experienced these types of issues?
  11. B

What caused your pots?

I am fairly new to this website and I am in the process of trying to figure out what is causing my POTS. My doctor is helping a little but I need to bring ideas to him. I was wondering if someone that knew how to do it could do a poll and see what issues caused everyone's POTS. I figure knowing...
  12. B

How much do beta blockers lower resting heart rate?

It seems like it is a huge waste of our time not theirs to treat to see if things work instead of testing. You go to the doctor and they just give you meds and tell you to come back in a month. I keep thinking how am I going to get through another month like this. I have to go back to work this...
  13. B

I am currently on 0.1 mg of florinef I am not sure it is making a difference. I am sure I am drinking enough fluids but maybe not enough salt some days I am sure I get at least 3000mg on some days but other days I am not sure. I wish they would have done more testing before they started me on...
  14. B

My resting heart rate is 65-75. My heart rate jumps to 100 just moving around in bed and up to 150 when standing or walking. I am suppose to start 25mg of metoprolol once a day. I was hoping someone could tell me their experience on beta blockers and how much their resting heart rate was lowered?
  15. B

Can POTS be caused by a bacterial infection?

Is there a way to know for sure it is low blood volume? I would like to know for sure. I am on 0.1mg, I will check into having it increased.
  16. B

I have been on the florinef for about 2 months I have not noticed a difference. I drink as much gatorade as I can about 2-3 liters a day plus as much salt as I can. Everything seems to be the same there was a few days that seemed to be better then back to crap. The only thing I noticed that was...
  17. B

I have actually seen quite a few doctors, 1 endocrinologist, 3 PCP, 3 cardiologist, plus ALL the doctors at the ER. I have mentioned the bacterial thing to them all. Not one of the doctors actually seem to want to help. I will keep looking, I have no intention staying like this forever. I did...
  18. B

I guess the next question is how do I get a doctor to do something to help me. They prescribed a beta blocker which does not make sense to me because my blood pressure is low and so is my heart rate when I am not moving. Won't it lower it too much? It is 70's when I am sitting still or laying...
  19. B

Has anyone found out that a bacterial infection caused their POTS? I had a pilonidal abscess removed 4 months before I started seeing POTS symptoms. The wound was original stitched but ripped open within two weeks. It stayed open for 4 months no improvement at all. Then after my POTS symptoms...
  20. B

POTS or IST?

I was diagnosed with POTS after a tilt table test but I am not sure my symptoms fit POTS. Does anyone else with POTS experience rapid heart rate when they just move? Mine can go up 30 beats from just rolling over in bed.
  21. B

Please help I think I have POTS but am having a hard time getting a diagnoses

So about 4 weeks ago I woke up in the morning like normal and took a shower. By the time I got out of the shower my heart was pounding. I took my pulse and it was 150 so I sat down. It went down some but when I got back up it started going up again. I decided to go to the emergency room since it...