• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. paquito

Olympic Skier beat Lyme Disease

Hi Joshi, Yes I'm the pyroluria one, nice to see you again! The test was antibodies, less than 40% accurate so really pretty useless, it came back negative. Do you have any contact details for Dr Trevisan? Cheers P
  2. paquito

Lyme?

I like the way Cowden is well organised and easy to follow. But yes, some advise on which to follow would be great.
  3. paquito

Lyme?

So it seems like a good idea to take the Cowden protocol after I've finished the antibiotics, or shall I start it while I'm still on antibiotics? I've some extra abx I've managed to buy online. I'll take them all keeping 300mg/day. What you think? Is the Cowden protocol the best thing out...
  4. paquito

Lyme?

Thank you Brenda. p
  5. paquito

Lyme?

Thank you Justy, I'm going to find out more about Kenny De Merlier. I've found this in the UK http://www.hampshirehospitals.nhs.uk/our-services/a-z-consultants/d/dr-matthew-dryden.aspx http://clinicalvirology.org/index.php/inverness (Dr Darrel O Ho-Yen seems to be an expert in lyme) I agree...
  6. paquito

Lyme?

Thanks all for the precious advices. Brenda How long for on abx? What type of abx? What dose? Any risks for health on long term high antibiotics? I didn't keep the ticks. Martial, I'll certainly follow your advice. Is it ok to buy Samento and Banderol as separate elements or does it need a...
  7. paquito

Lyme?

Hi, I am male, 43, living in Edinburgh UK. 1 week before Christmas my dog killed a fox in a park. 1 week later (on the 25th) I discovered about 200 ticks on him. They were already engorged and about 4-5mm long. I have removed them all using the special tick removal tool. I am not sure I have...
  8. paquito

Olympic Skier beat Lyme Disease

Hi Joshi, I'm italian too and just got bitten by a few ticks with skin reactions. Taking antibiotics now. Can you tell me where in Italy you are and the name / contact details of the doctor expert in lyme that is following you? Thank you! P
  9. paquito

Pyroluria, Methylation, SNPs etc...

That's great thank you so much. This is also the route I'm taking in the last few days. I'm starting with very little Hydroxy B12, 1/4 of a tablet sublingual to increase weekly. What's your opinion about the diet? Is ammonia detox a crucial issue? And what about sulphites? Thanks a lot P
  10. paquito

Interesting. I had the idea that introducing B12 put everything off the scale so I assumed I had introduced too many methyls. Would it be a good idea according to you to stop 5-mthf and start taking Hydroxy B12?Thank you
  11. paquito

Hello! I'm new here. I'm the founder of the Pyroluria group on Facebook (everyone's welcome to join https://www.facebook.com/groups/pyroluria/ ). I've been addressing Pyroluria for about 10 years now with huge ups and downs. Recently I've done the 23andme test and a whole, huge universe in...