• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. O

My body wants estrogen, dislikes progesterone - conundrum

Hey LizW, Thanks so much for your input. I appreciate any and all input, of course! I have not been feeling well for a while now. and with Xmas and all, I have had no time to look into anything new, but will keep your post and check out the SHGB avenue, and perhaps others too, when I have time...
  2. O

Thanks so much Maryb. It does help to think that perhaps this is a passing thing as it sometimes is with FM. One can hope....lol It also helps just to chat with those who better understand our daily challenges. Getting down on my knees to save bending is sooo much harder when my knees don't...
  3. O

Oh and Ema, yes I am post meno. Or at least I would be were it not for the HRT which brought me back to having a flow - since my progesterone had to be in cycles - to give me a break, since it makes me ill. After a while I had months worth of flow (four months at one time).......literally...
  4. O

Hi Ema, I have tried to lower my estrogen dose time and time again and just have no luck as I get very ill (stomach issues, weakness, high anxiety, of course hot flashes from hell.....lol, etc) I get so I feel like I have no quality of life. I have also tried taking higher progesterone to...
  5. O

Thanks Kina! Maryb, I am currently taking Estradiol 100 mcg patch and a 25 or a 50 mcg patch plus Estriol cream 25 mcg. The progesterone is 50 mcg USP micronized (when I take it) Right now we have decided that I will try just using progesterone for 10 days every three months.... which is a...
  6. O

Obviously the subject line was meant to say "my body", not "my dody" but couldnt figure out how to edit the subject line/thread title.....lol :confused:
  7. O

Hi I found this forum and am SO impressed by the knowledge base here. It gave me hope to post my conundrum in hopes that someone could help me to make more sense of my hormonal issues. Ok, here goes. I am 54 years old, have been on bioidentical estrogen and progesterone for years. This is...