• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Search results

1. formerpokerplayer

Seattle, WA: Harborview Chronic Fatigue Clinic

Hey PallasKat, As I said before, Mr. Ross knew he could not help my symptoms and referred me to another doctor who has prescribed me a drug that helps me. He is worth a shot. I think your symptoms match what he may be able to help. Don't be afraid to go to a doctor, but don't be afraid to...
  2. formerpokerplayer

I saw Dr. Marty Ross in the Seattle area and he was very open to listening to what I had going on. He seemed more like a lyme doctor to me and didnt really understand Post Exertional Malaise. I have yet to find a doctor that understands PEM and how doing too much on a certain day can cause a...
  3. formerpokerplayer

For those on Klonopin

Oh yeah, my doctors reasoning is 1) the drug has withdrawal and tolerance and 2) I don't have a job yet, so the drug doesn't work, which for me is ridiculous reasoning because obviously he doesn't know what cfs is and he explicitly told me he isn't treating me for that.
  4. formerpokerplayer

For those on Klonopin

How did you get a doctor to prescribe it long term? I have a psychiatrist and he wants to pull it after about 8 months on it. It seems to be the only drug or even supplement that helps anymore. My brain otherwise feels like it is on fire with electrical signaling and my mind races without...
  5. formerpokerplayer

Thanks for the reply valentijn, Unfortunately, I have done many naturopaths. They helped a lot. One did neural therapy (mentioned by mike dessin and lisa petrison) and it cleared my brain fog a ton! Then I did autistic protocol homeopathy by paul herscu (the book "stramonium" I took...
  6. formerpokerplayer

I am in the Seattle area and have been having trouble with doctors. The only doctor that I am seeing now is a psychiatrist. He has given me klonopin which has been a wonder drug for me for the last 8 months and helps with every one of my symptoms. The symptoms it helps are wired but tired...